Dining Questions (Packages and Mystery Dinner)

FSRoberts

A few questions on dining. I am on the Serenade in January on a 10 day.

First, Serenade has 3 specialty restaurants. Logically, with the 3-night pack, you get one at each, Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi. But how does it work with 4 and 5 night packages? Which get the extra night(s)? Given the pricing I can't imagine Chef's table is included. Or do they try to count a Giovanni's lunch as a "night?"

Second, the Mystery Dinner Theater. Any clues as to what time and night it is? Is it typically on a sea day? Does it start at 6? 7? 8? If it starts too late, I might not be up for it. Also, has the menu changed? It appears you get a very limited menu (4 course, but little choice: antipasti, soup or salad, tenderloin or shrimp, and tiramasu; oddly no pasta course.) But I'm wondering if options have changed or improved. While I love the idea, I just want to make sure it would be worth the $40/pp premium on the regular Giovanni's price.

With regard to the Mystery Dinner, if your cruise is next month, then the Mystery Dinner (and schedule details) should be showing up in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

The description is very generic, and no day is listed. Heck, the description talks Portofinos, which is no longer on Serenade.

That said, looking closer, I see days 5 and 8 are not available in Giovanni's, so presumably that day is it. Both port days. Seems like a sea day would be more logical.

The description is very generic, and no day is listed. Heck, the description talks Portofinos, which is no longer on Serenade.

That said, looking closer, I see days 5 and 8 are not available in Giovanni's, so presumably that day is it. Both port days. Seems like a sea day would be more logical.

Are you saying that even when you try to book the Mystery Dinner, it still does not display a day or time?

Are you saying that even when you try to book the Mystery Dinner, it still does not display a day or time?

OK, I see it. 6:30. The days I already mentioned. Odd it is 2 days as they claimed on the description they only do it once a week, yet they are doing it Tuesday and Friday.

I am also curious about your question about the 5 night package... We are booked for 12 nights out of Sydney on Radiance. They have Chops, Giovanni's Table, Samba Grill, and Izumi, If we chose 5 nights, what would be the 5th? And if we didn't want to try one of the options, can we switch it out?