Splendour of the Seas

M & J

if you've done p&o i would really go for one of the other thomson ships, the discovery is keeping some of the features from rci splendour, i know if the majesty had been my first cruise it would have been my last, cold inedible food, rude staff, lazy cabin stewards

Really. I was on Majesty recently, the food was OK, the staff were friendly and not rude and the cabin stewards were just fine ;)

Majesty is my favourite of the current Thomsons fleet. The single cabins are bad on Celebration and Spirit, good on Majesty and OK on Dream if you choose the right one. I do not care for the entertainment layout on Dream, it is all samey and on the same deck.

Hopefully the single cabins on discovery will be good as they are well away from the engines and exactly the same size as similar doubles :)

As for the crazy golf and climbing wall, pointless.

Just read back my post and is poorly worded. I,m wrong to say my recent cruise on the Maj was the opposite of my experience last year

Last year food was excellent as was staff and entertainment

This year food was poor in choice and quality in The San Marco...Seven Seas okay to good.Entertainment was good,one show was excellent as was the comedian

Staff,cabin crew were brill as were some of the bar staff,more so the ones we met the previous year,others just looked like they didn,t want to be there

Itinerary wasn't the best

We have done the Dream, Majesty and, just recently, the IE. I found them surprisingly similar and enjoyed them all. Not too keen on the layout of Majesty but we go for itinerary first so would go on her again with no hesitation.

M&J, if you do book the Majesty go for a plus cabin as the standards are small.