insurance

nanaofthree

Depends on the wording of your policy im afraid. You need to check whether it includes suitable cover for :

The part of the world you are going to - if Caribbean , USA or south america check you have worldwide cover and not just European.

Medical evacuation at sea

Reptriation

Etc ...etc.....etc....

Many people reprt that cover provided with a bank account can be quite basic.

So the straight advice is Read your policy! So many people dont and come unstuck.

Read the policy document at least three times, in particular the exclusions and get someone else to do likewise. Don't forget to update any health issues.

Also compare it with a premium single trip policy from a reputable insurer.

I personally would be nervous about relying on such a policy for any travelling. My parents did and came unstuck to the tune of about £1500 when their passports were stolen.

Edited by Thejuggler

Having read what previous contributors have posted regarding advising the company. I always think about the quality of insurance you need when cruising. A two nighter to Bruges is a lot different from a fortnight in the Mediterranean. USA and Caribbean are vastly different. A European EHIC card will help supplement cover ashore at many European ports and then I also think about my personal fitness.

No way I would rely on an integrated insurance and bank account which is a benefit of having a specific account type on a worldwide basis. Therefore I have gone down the annual policy specially purchased for travel.

Regards John

I doubt very much that any packaged policy from a high street bank would require you to notify the insurer that you are going on a cruise as such. It mainly the destination which is important to check. I have traveled using a packaged policy without concern the main thing is that you read it and has been said read the exclusions in particular.

I doubt very much that any packaged policy from a high street bank would require you to notify the insurer that you are going on a cruise as such. It mainly the destination which is important to check. I have traveled using a packaged policy without concern the main thing is that you read it and has been said read the exclusions in particular.

The single trip company I generally use now specifically ask if the trip is a cruise, on our first cruise they didn't ask.

This is why its important to keep up to date with the packaged cover as terms and conditions can change, but account owners are generally poor at reviewing the cover when notifications of changes are advised.

Edited by Thejuggler

Cruises may be excluded from some policies due to the difficulty in getting travellers to hospital for treatment. If you are going on a cruise, make sure you have appropriate cover for this.

Extract from the foreign office regarding travel insurance. So worth checking to make sure.