Adapters

Mpc524

There's regular 110 outlets in the room with normal "American" style plugs. There are also 220 European ones. They are usually side by side. Unless you have a lot of stuff that needs charging, you shouldn't need anything. But we did use a short extension cord to multiply the number of outlets. Note: at least in our bathroom, the shaver plug was so weak, it wouldn't charge my toothbrush, so I had to move that to the desk outlet to charge which worked fine.

• 4 weeks later...

About hair dryers - unless they've changed things, the outlet in the bathroom is not powerful enough to run it. You have to use one of the power outlets in the room. I used one of the outlets at the desk as there was a mirror there. For the maiden cruise, the curly-ques on the cord were so tight I had to bend over to dry my hair - the hair dryer could only be held about 18 inches from the plug. But my guess is that by now the coils have loosened up enough so that you could sit up straight. I would say it was plenty powerful - definitely NOT worth bringing your own.

Regarding the bathroom outlet; it is not designed to run anything with more wattage other than a shaver. That is why it couldn't support a hair dryer. I used the outlet in the cubby above the drawers,( where the coffee maker would be), as I prefer to do my hair standing up. :)

Becki

• 11 months later...

So, to sum up--we are departing for San Juan next week and I want to know if 1) there are definitely USB ports next to the bed (we are in a DV1) and if so, 2) are the USB ports next to the bed capable of charging two iPhones at once (are there two ports, and next to each bed?)? I want to make sure I do NOT have to bring my charging hub for our two iPads and two iPhones [emoji336]. Bottom line, should we bring an extra extension cord with plugs (also for our laptops)? Please forgive that we seem to be on tech overload here, but we run a business and need to be in contact while away. [emoji18]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here's a photo of the nightstands (2) in our DV cabin. And then below it, the array of outlets on the desk. BTW I pack adapters so I can use either the US or the Euro outlets. (Sorry they take up so much space on the page but for some reason I can't reduce the size of the image frame).

enhance

enhance

Edited by Peregrina651

You are the greatest, Peregrina651! Bunches of thanks. Just to make sure, does each bedside nightstand have the same outlets/USBcharging? So DH and I can charge our devices all at once without a fight? ;-)

No fighting!! Both nightstands are exactly alike. You'll have plenty of outlets. Just make sure that you bring enough cords. More room photos in my INTO THE MIDNIGHT SUN album. Just follow the link in my signature above.

No fighting!! Both nightstands are exactly alike. You'll have plenty of outlets. Just make sure that you bring enough cords. More room photos in my INTO THE MIDNIGHT SUN album. Just follow the link in my signature above.

YOUR Into the Midnight Sun only has 15 photos of land stuff. 😞

YOUR Into the Midnight Sun only has 15 photos of land stuff. 😞

Those are just teasers on the home page. There should be a series of tabs across the top -- HOME, TRAVELBLOG, VIKING SEA and PHOTOBOOKS. Click on each tab for more photos. In the Travelbog, there is an album of photos for each day of the cruise. Viking Sea is two albums of pictures and paperwork from the ship. Photobooks is the electronic version of the hardbound albums we do after each trip. If the tabs aren't there, then use the links I just embedded in this post.