Staggered embarkation coming to NOLA

Indytraveler83

I got an email about this yesterday so I chose 11:00-11:30, which seemed like a good time to board. Then an email today said that actual boarding would start about 12:30, so I changed us to 12:00-12:30. Because why sit around longer than we have to?

Since anyone arriving late can go right on, it would be in everyone's best interest to select the earliest available time. You never know, for whatever reason might show up a few minutes before noon.

I got an email about this yesterday so I chose 11:00-11:30, which seemed like a good time to board. Then an email today said that actual boarding would start about 12:30, so I changed us to 12:00-12:30. Because why sit around longer than we have to?

It strikes me as an excellent change. I didn't relish the descriptions of 2000 people trying to hit the buffet at once! This sounds like it will be easier on everyone. The folks who want/need to come early can get in 2 1/2 hours before boarding, and the rest of us won't have to sit for half the day.

Maybe I'll have time to ride the St. Charles streetcar that morning! Our hotel will hold our bags after checkout so we can wander a bit and then take a cab or Uber over to the port. It all sounds much less stressful.

I am cruising Feb 1st. I picked the earliest time 10-1030 am then I get an email saying boarding wont start until 1230? Seems like the check in times should start at 1230 not 10am.

I agree with the idea that if you have Prioity boarding, you should not have to choose a check-in time since you will have a dedicated checkin line at the terminal anyway. There should be a option for Priority boarding to choose and that would free up more slots for those without Priority. However, since I did not have that option, I chose the early time slot I wanted. I'm sorry that I am taking a time slot someone else wants but I'm not going to try to figure out which time is the least wanted.

Don't apologize to some butthurt stranger on the internet. You choose whatever spot you need. (this all reminds me of playing Blackjack and the guy at the end of the table gets mad if you take a card he didnt think you should have taken).

If all priority boarding numbers are counted in the mix (no one here actually knows, but everyone seems to have a theory) and 700 priority people chose last boarding but actually showed up at 10am, those same people would be bitching and complaining loudly that they should be on the ship by 10:01.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by cdnmr

This thread is hilarious just like all of the others on this subject have been. And it'll probably be closed and zapped like the others.

I don't like every change Carnival makes but I've yet to have one so disturb me that I would cancel my cruise as some have said they will do. Overly dramatic and indeed people need to take a deep breath and relax already.

The same folks up in arms over a simple change are likely the same ones that have had no problem crowding the port arriving .10 seconds after the ship returns from the last trip. I've seen people harass the port employees because they want on the ship right now! I've seen countless posts telling people to ignore the suggested times - all in the name of arriving as early as possible. Even emails sent from Carnival telling folks about inspections that will delay boarding still went ignored and laughed at. And while many may have never witnessed chaos during check-in, many more have. Something needed to be done overall.

It is not Carnival's responsibility or problem to sort out YOUR pre cruise travel plans. Figure it out on your own just as you do hotel and flight check-in times. Moreover, the feedback from Galveston has been largely positive. Tweaks need to happen and will to make things better. But no amount of foot stomping is going to reverse the decision, because it was necessary due to the blatant disregard of many when asked nicely. I applaud Carnival for finally doing something about the obnoxious crowd that caused the problem. If one can't get an early check in, get fttf, or otherwise be priority, I guess you just fresh outta luck. Life goes on.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

People complain when Carnival won't enforce the rules...now they are complaining because Carnival is enforing the rules

I am cruising Feb 1st. I picked the earliest time 10-1030 am then I get an email saying boarding wont start until 1230? Seems like the check in times should start at 1230 not 10am.

I assume it's so the folks coming early from the airport and so on will be able to wait in the terminal if they choose. Hopefully they'll be all processed and ready to go by the time my noon slot comes up.

Though I'm also bearing in mind that we're sailing on the very first day this program is implemented in NOLA so there may be problems at first. No matter, there's chairs inside and the Mississippi River outside!

Don't apologize to some butthurt stranger on the internet. You choose whatever spot you need. (this all reminds me of playing Blackjack and the guy at the end of the table gets mad if you take a card he didnt think you should have taken).

If all priority boarding numbers are counted in the mix (no one here actually knows, but everyone seems to have a theory) and 700 priority people chose last boarding but actually showed up at 10am, those same people would be bitching and complaining loudly that they should be on the ship by 10:01.

Enjoy your cruise!

LOL, "butthurt stranger on the internet" now that is good one.