Question about online check in and embarkation times

sp29488

I know it's still early for us and we don't know when it'll be rolled out for our port but I was wondering:

I already did online checkin so when it is rolled out for our embarkation port where do you look to choose your check in time?

I know it's still early for us and we don't know when it'll be rolled out for our port but I was wondering:

I already did online checkin so when it is rolled out for our embarkation port where do you look to choose your check in time?

Once it's rolled out you will see "check in time" located in the same place that tells you your dining time, bed choice and cabin number. You have to go back and edit your online checkin and it will simply give you a drop down menu to choose the time.

Once it's rolled out you will see "check in time" located in the same place that tells you your dining time, bed choice and cabin number. You have to go back and edit your online checkin and it will simply give you a drop down menu to choose the time.

Thank you :) I'll keep a watch to see when it'll roll out and then check my account.

@serene

There are some ports who are doing real staggered embarkation where you DO pick your time and it is then on your boarding pass.

It would be interesting to know the answer to the original question??

I see two ships doing that now.

John Healds facebook us updated

I'm on a cruise that is impacted by the N.O. roll out. After seeing it on John's FB page I went to Manage my cruise, then on the My Cruise Details page, clicked on the "Online Check-In" button. On the Check-in page that opens there is a "My Check In Time" button on the left that opens a window with a drop down box with 30 minute windows to choose from. I selected one and it made the selection for everyone in the cabin.

Back on the My Cruise Details page I now see the check-in time I selected below my Dining Time.

I got a letter telling us we have to pick a check in time. I tried to attach the letter but not sure if it worked. It said if you come early, you will be just not be able to go to the check in window til you specified time.

We are sailing out of New Orleans.

Edited by averrette

I'm on a cruise that is impacted by the N.O. roll out. After seeing it on John's FB page I went to Manage my cruise, then on the My Cruise Details page, clicked on the "Online Check-In" button. On the Check-in page that opens there is a "My Check In Time" button on the left that opens a window with a drop down box with 30 minute windows to choose from. I selected one and it made the selection for everyone in the cabin.

Back on the My Cruise Details page I now see the check-in time I selected below my Dining Time.

When you did this, did you have to complete the entire form (add credit card number)? I really didn't want to put my credit card number in the system so soon with my cruise not until Aug 2016. Why give hackers, etc, any more time with your credit card number. ( I am also at work right now and don't have the card with me so I cannot finish it. :rolleyes: )

Edited by familyoutdoors

When you did this, did you have to complete the entire form (add credit card number)? I really didn't want to put my credit card number in the system so soon with my cruise not until Aug 2016. Why give hackers, etc, any more time with your credit card number. ( I am also at work right now and don't have the card with me so I cannot finish it. :rolleyes: )

Just set your account up as a cash account. You can add your credit card info later. I wait to add mine when I check in at the port.

My friend selected their time without filling out any information other than the time they wanted to arrive at the port. In other words, they didn't even officially check in. No passport info, etc....and they were allowed to select their check in time.

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing. Departure times can be found on your boarding pass.

Guests who arrive prior to their check-in window will not be permitted to enter the cruise terminal and will be asked to return at their scheduled check-in time. This will be strictly enforced so we can achieve the desired guest experience. Guests who arrive after their designated check-in time will be accommodated