Formal night

Medinatn

Is there a formal dinner night? We are going on the Fascination 12-19-15 and my husband does not want to dress up. If so what is acceptable?

Thanks!

they call it Elegant night now.

The only difference was no shorts allowed that night (but they allowed it in reality anyway). Some said on here no jeans either, but when I was onboard jeans were allowed (not on prohibited list).

Jeans and a polo will put him solidly midpack and is 100% acceptable. No need to get dressy if you don't want.

Carnival's version of Formal night is called Elegant Night. You'll see everything from polo shirts to tuxedos. Tell your husband to wear pretty much whatever he wants

Edited by Tapi

The only difference was no shorts allowed that night (but they allowed it in reality anyway). Some said on here no jeans either, but when I was onboard jeans were allowed (not on prohibited list).

Jeans and a polo will put him solidly midpack and is 100% acceptable. No need to get dressy if you don't want.

It says "No jeans" on the website still. What ship were you on last? We've not seen jeans allowed on Elegant night yet, but we've heard the rumors. DH is hoping it's true and they're not prohibited on our cruise (he won't wear anything prohibited, even if no one enforces, BUT we like to dress up as little as possible!).

I am happy to hear this-we like to dress casual and don't like to get dressed up!

We have seen people in capris and t shirts on elegant night. We always get crazy dressed up because that is what we want to do. Seriously it does not bother us at all if other people showed up in shorts. Heck- it might be a fun pic for you bf to be all surf shorts casual and you to be dressed to the nines.

It says "No jeans" on the website still. What ship were you on last? We've not seen jeans allowed on Elegant night yet, but we've heard the rumors. DH is hoping it's true and they're not prohibited on our cruise (he won't wear anything prohibited, even if no one enforces, BUT we like to dress up as little as possible!).

I was on the Victory the first week of this month. I kept, and retyped on another post, verbatim what the Funtime had in it on Elegant night and it simply said no shorts or cut off jeans. it did *not* say no jeans and did *not* match the website.

I saw plenty of jeans in the MDR on elegant night, as well as shorts. In fact, except for a few more suits around the ship it really didn't look different from other nights.

I was on the Victory the first week of this month. I kept, and retyped on another post, verbatim what the Funtime had in it on Elegant night and it simply said no shorts or cut off jeans. it did *not* say no jeans and did *not* match the website.

I saw plenty of jeans in the MDR on elegant night, as well as shorts. In fact, except for a few more suits around the ship it really didn't look different from other nights.

Was it a 7 night or longer? I am wondering if their "Elegant" standards are more relaxed on smaller ships or shorter cruises compared to others. But I really hope we get the same signs/standards as you saw! (I just don't want to count on it and tell DH not to pack anything. So we will be cautiously optimistic.)

Most made an effort on our Liberty cruise although a lot were Puerto Rican. Lots embarking had suit bags.

Perhaps it would be ideal if they had one dining room specially for formal wear and another for those who object to dressing up.

Edited by moniquet