NCL E-mail About Expired Cruise Deposit

logan25

Anyone else receive an e-mail? I don't actually believe I let any FCCs expire unused. I called the CruiseNext department (as instructed in the e-mail) and left a message for a callback.

I received an e-mail today. I KNOW I never let one expire. I wasn't going to call until they have their 2017 schedule posted....then was going to call and book using that 'certificate'. Am saving the e-mail. Don't want to call now in case they realize their 'mistake' LOL

At first I thought it was some type of re-reimbursement due to a problem I had on one of my cruises.....but I never asked for anything and only sent them an e-mail to inform them of the problem so it wouldn't happen again. Was no real big deal. But......I'm guessing not! LOL

Harriet

I, too, received the email, and I HAD allowed a credit to expire in 2014. I was delighted with NCL's generosity. This seemed like a good opportunity to book a cruise without a big outlay. I called the phone number on the email and booked a cruise for April 2017. The woman who took the booking said she couldn't find my credit but that she would check with the deposit credit people when the office reopened the next day. When I called back 24 hours later, I was shuffled around until someone figured out that the $250 "Deposit credit" had been applied to the base price of the cruise, $125 to each of our two tickets. The bottom line was that I would have to pay the $800 deposit now in order to keep the reservation. Since the cruise was so far out, I decided to let it go and take my chances on a price drop or better offer next year. I had read the fine print on the email and the link it led to and never saw anywhere that what they were calling a "Deposit credit" was actually a reduction in fare. Granted, it would have reduced the cost of the ticket by $250 but I didn't want to invest the $800 in a trip that is so far in advance.