Celebrity during spring break

TheHappyWanderer

Our family took a 10 night Horizon cruise to the Caribbean during Spring Break 2005. This cruise was devoid of college spring breakers. Although there were more families than usual for this type of cruise because of the vacation season, it was not overrun with them.

I cruised on the same 10 night sailing as Mahdnc this past spring break. There were about 300 children onboard, but they were never a problem and it was never crowded anywhere on the ship. There were no college spring breakers at all, but there were quite many teachers onboard. In the spring of 2004, I cruised the Horizon on a 12 night repositioning cruise during spring break. There were probably less than 20 children on the voyage. There tend to be fewer children on the longer sailings. Hope this helps. :)

It probably depends when your spring break is. Our week in 2005 we took the 9 or 10 night on the Horizon, but there was only, maybe 50 kids, on the ship and no college spring breakers. Our 2006 break I believe corresponds more with the typical break of Feb 18 to 25th. However, my college daughter is off March 4 - 11 and I do know at least 4 other colleges in the area with that week off.

Good Luck

You will have a much larger population of kids, but I would not worry about spring breakers. In order to cruise on Celebrity, RCCL, or Carnival one person must be at least 25 years old. With that restriction, it maked it tough for college kids to go without an adult.

We took a Spring Break cruise on the Connie in April of this year. There were over 400 children but no college breakers. Our ds14 loved it because he met many friends to hang with. It did not seem crowded. loud or in any way overrun. Our only complaint, if any, was that we had two teachers at our table of 8 - yikes, that is what ds was wanting to escape:rolleyes: We are taking the same cruise this SB.

Archived