Does Carnival Allow...

kelkel2

Actually, no. On a ship, you could ground things to the ship's hull, which is perfectly grounded through the sea water, but these stray ground circuits cause electrolytic corrosion of the hull, so grounding to the hull is not desirable. Ships electrical systems do have a ground wire, but the ground is not connected to a ground stake like ashore (or its equivalent at sea of the hull), but back to the neutral point of the generator. If there was no ground, there would be no shock protection.

You, my friend, must be prior Navy. Thank you for your service and for the great explanation!

You, my friend, must be prior Navy. Thank you for your service and for the great explanation!

While I second your salute to our servicemen and women, aside from a couple of years in the Naval Reserve, I'm just a 40 year merchant mariner.

While I second your salute to our servicemen and women, aside from a couple of years in the Naval Reserve, I'm just a 40 year merchant mariner.

Well,your "just a 40 year merchant marine" experience knowledge makes me smarter every time I read one of your rrsponses.

Not sure, I was just on the Conquest last week, and every time we left the room, we came back to our cell phones unplugged.. He said they don't want anything plugged in while we are out of the room.. different ships, different rules I guess.

They did that on the Miracle, too.

The Belkin one you posted a link to does have a surge protector, so it's not allowed, unfortunately.

This is what I used a couple months ago on the Dream. No surge protector.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?sku=434482&Q=&O=&m=Y&gclid=CLjpzaHj5ckCFYGCaQodtA4DCg&is=REG&ap=y&A=details

We've brought that exact same one on several cruises without any issues. We put it in with my husband's CPAP machine.