Intercontinental Miami

jakenzie32

I am looking at staying at the Intercontinental in Miami on 100 Chopin Plaza.

Are there restaurants or a beach nearby? We are a family of 4 with a 14 & 12 year old looking for something to do and a good location pre cruise.

Currently the rate for a March stay at Intercontinental is $134...seems to good to pass up.

How is the pool?

That is an excellent rate for March. There is no beach nearby downtown Miami. a cab to south beach will be about $25 each way. A 5 minute walk from the IC is Bayside Market Place with a number of restaurants and shops, etc. There is also a Walgreens or CVs across from Bayside for last minute items.

As I recall, there are several tour operators around Bayside and may include a hop on hop off tour to South Beach. If you do make it to South Beach and any of you are history buffs, there is a very nice (and free) holocaust memorial just a few blocks from Lincoln Road (one of the main drags in SB).

I will be staying at the IC in March (using Reward Nights) and this will be 2nd time there. nice Place.

I'd take the hop on hop off bus tour. Pick it up at Bayside Mall. Its route will offer South Beach and other areas. You can stop there for a meal, beachtime, rent bikes or Segway etc. Then catch another hoho bus to continue on when ready.

Or book a Ducks Tour. Kids love it and it gives you land and water views.

Or at Bayside there's a fast speedboat ride that some really love. It's called Thriller. ;) It has a website.

I am looking at staying at the Intercontinental in Miami on 100 Chopin Plaza.

Are there restaurants or a beach nearby? We are a family of 4 with a 14 & 12 year old looking for something to do and a good location pre cruise.

Currently the rate for a March stay at Intercontinental is $134...seems to good to pass up.

How is the pool?

We have stayed there 3 times before. I would say "book it Dano" as that is an awesome price for a stay in March. Like others have said Bayside has plenty restaurants and either do the hop on hop off bus or just take a regular city bus from downtown to South Beach. It's easy just ask the locals at the bus stop.

There are lots of restaurants in various downtown locations you can go to.

If you like to walk about 25 minutes from the hotel is Mary Brickell Village which has many restaurants which we really enjoy but about a five minute walk from the hotel is Bayside which has several restaurants.

There is no beach right there. I would take a taxi over to South Beach to enjoy a nice time at the beach. They can drop you off on Ocean Drive and the taxi will be around $25.00 each way. Great beach area and many restaurants for lunch right there.

You are also very close to the Port of Miami and can take a taxi over there.

Keith

Thanks for the advice. I booked it, but upgraded to a Club Level room for $182 a night. Can't wait!

Does anyone have details on what is included in the Club...sounds like breakfast and snacks?

Is alcohol served? When? Does the breakfast include hot items or is it just continental. Can kids go in the Club Lounge?

TIA

Just stayed on the Club level in September!! Includes nightly cocktails/wine/beer and pretty good snacks. Breakfast in the morning...not a huge selection....but hey, at least we didn't need to leave the hotel!!

Also has computers with Internet access at no charge in the Club room so it was a great way to check in and print tickets for our flight home! You got a fantabulous price!! I'm hoping the prices come down for my August cruise!!

Edited....yes, kids can go into the club room - but only for breakfast. We had a three year old with us and we're told he was not allowed in during "happy hour"! They also didn't allow the alcohol to leave the room....

Edited by NayRN

Thanks for the advice. I booked it, but upgraded to a Club Level room for $182 a night. Can't wait!

Does anyone have details on what is included in the Club...sounds like breakfast and snacks?

Is alcohol served? When? Does the breakfast include hot items or is it just continental. Can kids go in the Club Lounge?

TIA

How/where did you get this rate? I've been stalking for a while trying to get it for March below $250. Thanks!

That's a fantastic rate!!! That's like a 1/3 of what I'm paying for January :eek:

But as far as restaurants there are some chain restaurants and shopping near by, check out Bayside Marketplace which is a short walk. But there's really not a beach close by. I'm assuming the closest is south beach, which really isn't close, it's a taxi ride for sure!

How/where did you get this rate? I've been stalking for a while trying to get it for March below $250. Thanks!

Looks like Friday, March 25 has a rate of $134. That is super cheap for this hotel! I belong to the IHG Rewards Club and would recommend that as a quick way to get free or vastly reduced nights.

Edited by Normal 1