Snorkeling in Roatan

PolybiusSquare

Tabyana is a section of West Bay Beach, it is a day pass AI sorta thing. I have attempted many times to find out if independent people can buy a pass with zero luck, I would be very interested to know where Bodden takes you.

Right with that said, you can pay for a day pass at any one of a number of resorts on West Bay if you need facilities, if not the beach and water are free. This thread has heaps of info about snorkeling West Bay with maps and pics.

Fish, like all wild things, should be eats what is available not anything man man or not of the sea. Yes, I know the locals are feeding them, doesn't mean everyone and their uncles brother should be. Apologies, my personal opinion.

They usually take you to Bananarama.

I've been wondering where Bodden takes you as well. His confirmation email says they take you to "• West Bay Beach, what the cruise lines refer to as "Tabayana Beach"". However, it seems like I keep reading about people going to Bananarama??

I've been wondering where Bodden takes you as well. His confirmation email says they take you to "• West Bay Beach, what the cruise lines refer to as "Tabayana Beach"". However, it seems like I keep reading about people going to Bananarama??

I know it is all very confusing. While I do not know where Bodden takes people I can tell you...

West Bay Beach is the premier beach on the island, one can walk it in 15/20 mins. Tabyana is a day trip only small part of the whole of West Bay Beach. Bananarama is a resort with accommodation on West Bay Beach which also offers day passes.

There are heaps of other proper resorts even restaurants/bars offering day passes on West Bay Beach, few of which book online.

The easy access, boat free, reef snorkeling is between Infinity Bay Resort's L shaped pier and the natural bay wall at Grand Roatan Resort. Tabyana is chuck of land is between the two.

One other thought, while one can access the whole of West Bay from the water easy enough, the only real public access is between Bananarama and Paradise Beach Club. This maybe where Bodden drops people, the driver may suggest a place to park or he may just leave it up to people. I have no idea.

Edited by Guest 2000

this where i want to snorkel, especially the channel in front of infinity beach resort. but also want to sit on the beach, order a drink and eat some food.

Yes, that is the area between Infinity's L-shaped pier and the wall.

Grand Roatan, has a restaurant.. give that a try. Infinity Bay offers expensive day passes at a first come first served. The area not labeled between the two is Tabyana, day pass only from the ship. Now, if you don't mind the walk stop in to Paradise Beach Club, it is labeled on your map, I understand they started offering day passes. Next to Paradise is Bananarama (not on this map) who has a very competitive transport includes day pass.. truly I would go on for hours but you get the idea.

By the by ~ be very careful at the top of your circle, there are days and moments the boat traffic is intense due to the pier

Edited by Guest 2000

Tabyana is a section of West Bay Beach, it is a day pass AI sorta thing. I have attempted many times to find out if independent people can buy a pass with zero luck, I would be very interested to know where Bodden takes you.

SO i went to Tabyana beach website and sent them an email asking if the only way to obtain a day pass was through the cruise ship or if one could obtain one once they arrived at Tabyana beach. Also an other information they could give about their day passes was greatly appreciated. Once I hear from them I will post their response here.

SO i went to Tabyana beach website and sent them an email asking if the only way to obtain a day pass was through the cruise ship or if one could obtain one once they arrived at Tabyana beach. Also an other information they could give about their day passes was greatly appreciated. Once I hear from them I will post their response here.

I will be VERY eager to hear.. I have tried many times to get a response and had no joy.

Did you say you have a driver for the day.. perhaps asking that company what they know would be of help as well.

I will be VERY eager to hear.. I have tried many times to get a response and had no joy.

Did you say you have a driver for the day.. perhaps asking that company what they know would be of help as well.

This is directly from Tabyana's website.

"Tabyana Beach's Roatan cruise excursion package is sold on-board most cruise ships that dock in Roatan, but we do also take private bookings. If you are a cruise guest, check with your cruise line for pricing and availability - just ask about the Tabyana Beach Party or Tabyana Beach Day, depending on your cruise line.

If you are not with a cruise ship but would still like to enjoy paradise and Tabyana's incredible amenities and activities, please contact us directly for rates. We are open whenever there's a ship in port and by request for events."

So we'll see. I have no problem purchasing a day pass through the cruise ship but still wonder what the options are for those like you are for other options obtaining a day pass.

Yes i have a driver from Victor Bodden for the day and they say it is up to us for obtaining resort day passes as they do not sell day passes themselves.

I'll let you know.

This is directly from Tabyana's website.

"Tabyana Beach's Roatan cruise excursion package is sold on-board most cruise ships that dock in Roatan, but we do also take private bookings. If you are a cruise guest, check with your cruise line for pricing and availability - just ask about the Tabyana Beach Party or Tabyana Beach Day, depending on your cruise line.

If you are not with a cruise ship but would still like to enjoy paradise and Tabyana's incredible amenities and activities, please contact us directly for rates. We are open whenever there's a ship in port and by request for events."

So we'll see. I have no problem purchasing a day pass through the cruise ship but still wonder what the options are for those like you are for other options obtaining a day pass.

Yes i have a driver from Victor Bodden for the day and they say it is up to us for obtaining resort day passes as they do not sell day passes themselves.

I'll let you know.

Indeed, I have read the web site but still the info is foggy at best. I am very much looking forward what you find out. I suppose one could just walk up knowing there is a possibility they will not let you in, if so there are plenty of other options.

I didn't expect Bodden to sell you passes but they must know if any of their drivers have taken people to the Tabyana section of West Bay.

Either way I am pleased as punch someone else is trying to find out.

Victor Bodden does take people to Bananarama. We were just in Roatan last week on Emerald Princess (which docks at Mahogany Bay), had arranged with Rony's Tours for transportation to West Bay Beach ($20/pp round trip for 4 or more). We went to Grand Roatan -- you can't use their loungers but we sat at a table on a covered deck area by the bar, had lunch & drinks. I had the most amazing seafood soup made with coconut milk! We snorkeled right in front (watch out for the coral close to the surface) and out from Infinity -- you really can go anywhere on the beach. People that went with us just walked down the beach & rented lounge chairs. It's worth the drive, and you get to see some of the island itself, not just the Carnival beach area.

We have used Victor Boden several times.

They normally take u to Bananarama. Last year, we had them take us to Paradise Beach. I think it was the same price for lounges and not as busy bc everyone goes to Bananarama.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am guessing what is going on is those people wishing to visit West Bay with Bodden or perhaps any other company are dropped at the only public access by car, which is between Bananarama and Paradise Beach Club. Being dropped here by no means suggests you need to stay at Bananarama, though is is very easy to do, as would be Paradise Beach Club. I think Paradise is new to the day pass arena.

Edited by Guest 2000

Okay, here goes...

There are TWO cruise ship ports on the island of Roatan. 1 is located in Coxen Hole's downtown area and that is called "Port of Roatan" That is where most of the ships dock- Royal, Norwegian, etc. The Carnival port is called Mahogany Bay it is located quite a distance from the rest of pretty much everything going on in terms of tourism. Many activities have started opening up up that way BECAUSE of the port at Mahogany.

The beach and ski lift deal at Mahogany are, like most of the cruise related activities, completely fabricated. None of that existed before the cruise ship dock was built. The whole thing was built to provide an on-site "beach" experience at the port itself. It is not one of the regular beaches and does not compare to a West Bay Beach in the slightest.

Now, if you want to go to West Bay Beach, you can do so with several tours, excursions, or on your own. To be very clear- Tabyana is not a real thing. It is the name of a piece of property behind the beach in West Bay. All beaches in Honduras are public. Tabyana is the name of a privately owned piece of property at the tree line. This area has accommodations for day visitors (bathrooms, etc.). They set up a ton of beach chairs on cruise ship days and they bus everyone over to lay on the beach at "Tabyana" which is just small PART of West Bay Beach. West Bay Beach is a very long white sand beach and the reef is not far off shore.

You do not need to go to Tabyana to experience West Bay Beach nor do you have to be there to snorkel, the reef is located all along West Bay Beach straight out in front, you can snorkel out and experience it from many spots along West Bay Beach.

Many of the resorts along the beach do Day Passes where you pay to use their accommodations for the day- the beach chairs, bathrooms, showers (in some cases), pools (in some cases). However, other places have a consumption policy that allows you to use their beach chairs WITHOUT a day pass if you are purchasing food or drinks. It's reasonable, you and whoever is in your group order food or drinks off the menu and you are then able to use their chairs. I know Bananarama (again, simply a resort located ON West Bay Beach, not its own beach) does this. I know Beacher's restaurant does this as well. Beacher's is located a bit further down the beach and is often quieter even on cruise ship days because fewer people are usually down there. It's a nice quiet spot and they have good food. Again, you can simply order food or drinks and use their chairs, ocean is 5 steps from your chair.

If you want to do this privately, on your own- you simply get transportation to take you to West Bay Beach. What you need to know is that the beach itself is not accessibly by car- you have to be dropped off back behind the properties that are between the road and the beach and then walk out to the beach (not far at all, the equivalent of a block or two).

You can do this at Infinity Bay (you will have to buy a day pass if you intend to stay there and use their stuff), Mayan Princess (same), Bananarama (you can just use their stuff if you're buying food and drink), etc. So if you want to get dropped off at West Bay Beach on your own, you would ask your driver to drop you at Bananarama or Beacher's and walk straight out to the beach. Or you could do the same at the resorts if you want to buy a day pass.