Southern Caribbean with young kids

sunset785

I am looking into trips for 2017 and I am eyeing a few cruises from Puerto Rico with my kids who will be almost 3 and 5.5 at the time of sailing. We live in Florida and have cruised many times and our kids will have been on a few cruises by 2017. I have always wanted to do a southern Caribbean cruise from PR but I just don't know if it's too much with flying, hotel stay, cruise then fly home. We live in Florida so ports are very accessible here but the southern Caribbean itinerary seem to have too many sea days from FL and I prefer not as many with younger kids. Anyways I'm looking for some ideas- possible ships and itineraries to consider. Thank you!

It will be fine. We live in New England, so that is what we have to do for cruises leaving from anywhere other than Boston or New York. We do like to cruise to Bermuda, so we are doing at again next year and avoiding the flight, but that is really the only place we go that doesn't require flying to Florida or somewhere first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am looking into trips for 2017 and I am eyeing a few cruises from Puerto Rico with my kids who will be almost 3 and 5.5 at the time of sailing. We live in Florida and have cruised many times and our kids will have been on a few cruises by 2017. I have always wanted to do a southern Caribbean cruise from PR but I just don't know if it's too much with flying, hotel stay, cruise then fly home. We live in Florida so ports are very accessible here but the southern Caribbean itinerary seem to have too many sea days from FL and I prefer not as many with younger kids. Anyways I'm looking for some ideas- possible ships and itineraries to consider. Thank you!

Plenty of people do that cruise with 14-18 hour travel each way from the west coast. It'll be fine. I did usvi-barbados-st Lucia-St Kitts-st maarten. It's my favorite itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do your kids like the kids club or daycare? Honestly, my son would have lived at the kids club if we let him so if I lived in Florida, I'd wait until everyone is 3 and take the itinerary from Florida.

We flew with our 2 and then 3 year old son to Florida from NY prior to going on cruises, and it was very manageable. If you think the almost 3 year old would use the kids club, you might want to wait until he/she is 3 regardless of whichever port of origin you choose.

When our oldest was 3.5 we took him to Rome and did a 13 day Mediterranean cruise. Your kids are old enough. Great experience for him and for us. We are taking our just turned 3 boys on a 10 day Eastern/Southern Caribbean cruise in a few weeks. I know we will have a blast. The time in Europe was with Celebrity (fabulous kids program) and the next one is with Carnival (my first time sailing with them). The kids have their own luggage. My now 7 year old will help pack his bag and be "responsible" for it and his backpack, just as he was at 3.5.