Sinorama Gold 8

ROCruiser

Enjoy your trip that you have paid for and go with the flow. There will be people who will be complaining no matter what, just ignore those and have a good time. If you plan on taking the subway in Shanghai, this maybe a good place to start: https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai/transportation/subway.htm

Have a safe and wonderful trip! :)

Again, I thank you RO, we will go with the flow! Have a wonderful cruise in November!!

• 3 weeks later...

We are back home and dealing with the jet lag but am finally feeling somewhat human today. We had a fabulous trip with Sinorama. Everything was well organized. We loved our guide, Adam. He has a fabulous sense of humor. Met wonderful people and would definitely choose Sinorama again. If I can answer any questions, would be more than willing to. We went to Black Sesame Kitchen and that was quite an experience!

We are back home and dealing with the jet lag but am finally feeling somewhat human today. We had a fabulous trip with Sinorama. Everything was well organized. We loved our guide, Adam. He has a fabulous sense of humor. Met wonderful people and would definitely choose Sinorama again. If I can answer any questions, would be more than willing to. We went to Black Sesame Kitchen and that was quite an experience!

Welcome home! Would love to hear about your experience. Will you be posting a review somewhere?

If I can answer any questions, would be more than willing to. We went to Black Sesame Kitchen and that was quite an experience!

We are going in April and want to go off and do some exploring in Shanghai on our own as well on the last day; did Sinorama place any restrictions on you or give you any grief for venturing out independently?

We are going in April and want to go off and do some exploring in Shanghai on our own as well on the last day; did Sinorama place any restrictions on you or give you any grief for venturing out independently?

Hi RnJ, I think the only way you could do your own thing would be on evenings when there is nothing planned or opting out of an activity or the group dinner. We went to Black Sesame Kitchen on the night of arrival on our own, we didn't ask permission, just went. Everything is well organized with little free time. You could extend your stay or go a few days early to do things on your own, that would probably be the best way to do it. Hope this helps.

Welcome home! Would love to hear about your experience. Will you be posting a review somewhere?

Thank you RO, good to be home. Won't be doing a review because I lack the tech skills....one of the reasons I truly appreciate everyone elses...lol. Have a wonderful adventure, you must be leaving soon?

• 3 months later...

Three of us (me, hubby, sis-in-law) are taking a Sinorama trip to China in May. We will be sharing a room. The Sinorama folks said that while on the boat the third person (sis in law) would need to sleep on a mattress on the floor. My question is, how big are the beds if we got a room with two beds? Are they US twin bed size or double bed size? If double, I think hubby and I could have one and sis have the other.

Also...any tips on which side of the boat is best for viewing things on the river?

Thanks much!!

Three of us (me, hubby, sis-in-law) are taking a Sinorama trip to China in May. We will be sharing a room. The Sinorama folks said that while on the boat the third person (sis in law) would need to sleep on a mattress on the floor. My question is, how big are the beds if we got a room with two beds? Are they US twin bed size or double bed size? If double, I think hubby and I could have one and sis have the other.

Also...any tips on which side of the boat is best for viewing things on the river?

Thanks much!!

I don't know the answer but you probably need to provide more details. We are going in May too, but Sinorama used more than one boat. The Gold 8, Gold 3, and and now see Sinorama Diamond listed.

1. Which tour

2. What date

Will help possibly get the answer. PS We asked about booking triple and they said it wasn't even possible so we added a 2nd room and are bringing daughter's friend as the fourth, rather than paying single supplement.

Hope they didn't make you pay the single supplement AND not give you a single room with a bed...singles were listed as Category D and E and were available on the Gold 8 when we booked last February, but I noticed a while back they didn't list them anymore...but still have the description on the website "* Please note that for customers of double occupancy, by selecting Cabin D or Cabin E, you will be automatically granted two cabins in the same category on the cruise."

EDIT: Sorry I missed when you said Glorious China.

Which tour? Glorious China & Yangtzee 15d, I see is offered those dates.

If you know which tour, then you might be able to go to the "prices" for more detailed description. Different Sinorama websites seem to have different info and details. The link below has a virtual tour of some rooms.

http://www2.sinorama.ca/sinorama/index.php?id=asiatour_cruise_map

Edited by dj2017