QM2 - January 3, 2006

cruiserking

Ah, when :cool: life aboard was so sweet...............

When will Cunard invite us back??? I love music, I tip American style and I will be on RCCL Jewel of the Seas in June but Cunard can reschedule me... I still want to stop in Costa Rica.

Marty speaking to Marty might as well quote him too! And yes I am listening to soundtracks as I write this..

When will Cunard invite us back??? I love music, I tip American style and I will be on RCCL Jewel of the Seas in June but Cunard can reschedule me... I still want to stop in Costa Rica.

Marty speaking to Marty might as well quote him too! And yes I am listening to soundtracks as I write this..

Marty dear,

Stop talking to yourself!

I got home to not one, but TWO invitations from Cunard to come back! There was a small pamphlet and the BIG one! NBCNewsGuy pointed out the 4 weeks-Med trip- crossing, 2 week mediterranean, and crossing return, in the big brochure.

Oh, if only!

If I only I didn't have to work for a living. I can't let them find out they could do without me for four weeks! they might want to try! (but I take satisfaction- sort of- in knowing that my boss knows we lost a big customer that might have been saved if I had been here to troubleshoot his problems during our 12 day Panama- and I'm still trying to fix the problem and win the customer back for the AE- Then let them say they can do without me! Ah job security!)

The threads here about July 3 and Labor Day cruises are both looking inviting! And if we miss our ports, I will simply have to drown my sorrows in Mojitos from the fine Chart Room bartender who made the cruise critics' drinks at our get-together., One of the best mojitos I've ever had! And a damned marvelous CC get-together, quite a good showing of those of us on board- (sorry we missed some of you- email me if you want your cruise critics badges at parrothead-av8r AT mindspring.com) We had such a good time that we didn't want to break it up. Several of us got together over and over during the cruise, and I feel certain some lifetime friendships may have been made. Not the least of which is my relationship to my new best friend, Mary- That is, Queen Mary2 (and some day, her older "sister", Elizabeth2)

Maybe we'll have to do one of thse short ones so we can write a review of the new Red Hook pier!

Karie <sigh>

Forget MTV, I want my QM2 TV!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ken,

How was your voyage on the Arcadia? What did you end up doing in Curacao?

we strolled around the town and had a cold drink at a nearby Kura Hulanda Hotel. Met some lovely Arcadia passengers from Scotland who were traveling on our Curacao Ferry.

Those two ships serenading each other with thunderous horn blasts are always among the highlights of every cruise. I can still see that horde of people on the top deck of the Arcadia waving a sea of miniature Union Jacks.

Thanks for that warm Curacao memory on this frigid day in New York

Jonathan

Archived