1st RCCL Cruise on VOS 10/07 need help please!!

Newbie here,

Just looking for some feedback on what type of onboard activities to look out for. I am looking to have alot of fun and can't wait for Friday! It is myself and my best friend. We are 2 single girls hoping to make new friends and have a blast.

Do they have any special parties like Caribbean or I don't know something that might require a costume or something else.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks;)

Hey CaymanGirl,

I will be on your cruise also. I am also going with my best friend as a sort of girls trip. There are many of us on the roll-call meet and mingle board. Not sure about any parties or costumes. Maybe someone will answer that for us.

See U on board!

Seeker

Hi CaymanGirl! Our roll call is at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=4820566#post4820566

and here is a list of who we are and when our meet 'n mingle is ... please join us, we are a fun group!

As for party/theme things, reading the past compasses from earlier cruises it seems there are theme nights for dinner including caribbean night and mardi gras night. I will wear hawaiian shirts for all such themes. But my daughter may have some bead necklaces for mardi gras night!

Come on over and tell us about yourself on the roll call!

Hi! RCCL is great. I am sure you will have a great time. We love to party too and always find something to do on the Voyager class ships. As far as themes go, don't bring much and don't worry. Most people don't know about them if they even exist on some cruises. Do bring presentable PJ's though. I suggest slippers too. I brought my "chicks rule" pj's on our last cruise and was glad I did. Most ships have a PJ party the last night of the cruise.

The quest is fun, but on the Voyager class ship it loses some of it's appeal. It's too hard to play the way it's set up. I would rather watch and laugh from a nice booth in back. The rockin' through the decades party after is usually just as much fun. If they still have it.

The "almost village people" party usually held in the disco or viking crown lounge is usually fun and full of younger cruisers and singles from what we have seen. As silly as it sounds the sexy legs competition is also fun to attend. If you can snag a position as a judge and are outgoing, do it! It was a blast the one time I did it. My mom judged with me. The cruise director had fun with that....LOL

The parades are "not to be missed" just because they are unique to RCCL.

Check out the guy playing in the Pub. Sometimes they are excellent, other times annoying. If they are good they usually draw a big group every night. We had a really good one once and sat in the pub almost every night.

That's it for my advice :)

Have an awesome cruise....

Bobbie

I was on your cruise about a month ago and I remember some theme nights listed in the compass but I don't recall ever seeing anybody dressed for them. They were more in spirit with the menu in the dining room.

Someone once told me that you will get out of a cruise whatever you put into it. So if you want to have an uninhibited fun time, then the more activities you are involved in the better time you will have.

Have been on the VOS, and going back again in 17 days! I guarantee that you guys will have a great time!

There's so much to do you'll leave without seeing parts and need to go back again soon- which is ok of course:p

The pool deck is my favorite.... pool band, drinks, and pool activites, sit back relax and enjoy-

At night, great dinners, SHOPPING, bar hoping, disco, and entertainment all over the ship depending on what you like.

Viking Crown has the latin theme, promenade has the acoustic, karaoke in Cleopatra's needle, the Schooner bar is so much fun..... the list goes on. There's movies, parades, internet cafe to brag to the ones at home:rolleyes: .

There's always a night they have a pool party and buffet at the pool deck, usually later @ 11pm- Great Time don't miss.

Get your Ice Show tickets early in the week, schedule around your dinner times, and other nightly shows.

Let me know if you have any other ?'s

Have FUn!!!!!

Have been on the VOS, and going back again in 17 days! I guarantee that you guys will have a great time!

There's so much to do you'll leave without seeing parts and need to go back again soon- which is ok of course:p

The pool deck is my favorite.... pool band, drinks, and pool activites, sit back relax and enjoy-

At night, great dinners, SHOPPING, bar hoping, disco, and entertainment all over the ship depending on what you like.

Viking Crown has the latin theme, promenade has the acoustic, karaoke in Cleopatra's needle, the Schooner bar is so much fun..... the list goes on. There's movies, parades, internet cafe to brag to the ones at home:rolleyes: .

There's always a night they have a pool party and buffet at the pool deck, usually later @ 11pm- Great Time don't miss.

Get your Ice Show tickets early in the week, schedule around your dinner times, and other nightly shows.

Let me know if you have any other ?'s

Have FUn!!!!!

If you are single and are looking to meet people, I highly suggest going to the night club on board. It usually opend around 11:00pm each night. Its a blast! I'm 19 and I went every night I was there. I can't remember the name of the club on Voyager but I do remember having a great time in it! I met some great people that way as well. ALWAYS go to deck parties, soooo much fun. My favorite was always Dancing Under The Stars.

Have a great cruise:)

Archived