Another Item for Some Advice

LTC Dan

Hello, me again. The last thread I posted was a great success. Thanks for all the helpful tips. Next one, for all you romantic types. I married my wife over 30 years ago, and the 2016 cruise will be a bit of delayed gratification, a belated 30th anniversary celebration.

I want to surprise her with a renewal of our wedding vows, and I presume we can make enough friends on board to have a nice little attending crowd. How do I do that? Do I take it up with the Captain shortly after boarding on day 1? Or Guest Services? Are there any nice touches I can arrange, such as a bouquet of flowers, etc?

Maybe even more important, I hope to time everything so that we have favorable weather. Is the Captain flexible enough with his schedule so that we can shift things up or back as needed?

For those of you that have done this, any special tips?

Normally I'm a rather straight-forward guy without too many sentimental bones to be found in my entire body, but this is a great opportunity to do things right.

Edited by LTC Dan

If you look online at the onboard services and gift packages you will find a wedding vow renewal package as well as other nice things you can pre-arrange - flowers, champagne, etc. Guest services will also help you with the details. Congratulations!

On our Caribbean cruise on the Windstar last week a couple renewed their vows for their 25th anniversary. I assume that had taken the renewal of vows package. It was a very nice ceremony held on the upper deck, officiated by the captain and attended by several of the officers.

Before the ceremony the officers and staff took pains to decorate the upper deck with flower arrangements etc. when asked what was going on they told us they 'had a wedding and wanted to make things look nice for them' which was lovely.

Their fellow passengers all watched from the deck below and all gave them a round of applause when it was concluded. It was very nicely done.

If you look online at the onboard services and gift packages you will find a wedding vow renewal package as well as other nice things you can pre-arrange - flowers, champagne, etc. Guest services will also help you with the details. Congratulations!

Thanks a bunch, r&rd. I didn't know about any of that -- looks like a great way to go.:)

On our Caribbean cruise on the Windstar last week a couple renewed their vows for their 25th anniversary. I assume that had taken the renewal of vows package. It was a very nice ceremony held on the upper deck, officiated by the captain and attended by several of the officers.

Before the ceremony the officers and staff took pains to decorate the upper deck with flower arrangements etc. when asked what was going on they told us they 'had a wedding and wanted to make things look nice for them' which was lovely.

Their fellow passengers all watched from the deck below and all gave them a round of applause when it was concluded. It was very nicely done.

Wow, that sounds PERFECT. Exactly what I want. :D