Anyone Just back from Epic's 9th December sailing go on the ship's tour to Monreal?

clivep

We are on the 13th January sailing with a stop in Palermo on a Sunday.

The PMON01 Old City and Monreale tour looks good but I can't see how the visit to Monreal Cathedral can work. The tour commences at 9.00 but on Sundays the Cathedral closes to visitors at 10.00 for mass services to be held. I've emailed NCL shore excursions and this is their reply:

"thank you for your email. If you book the tour Old City and Monreale with NCL you will have an inside visit of following sights:

Ø CATHEDRAL OF MONREALE - IN SIDE VISIT - GUIDED VISIT OF THE CATHEDRAL

Ø CATHEDRAL OF PALERMO - IN SIDE VISIT

You will have a drive to Monreale and a short uphill walk to the city centre before you visit the cathedrale. The order of the sights may vary".

I think they are just quoting from the excursion description rather from any accurate knowledge.

Even with the tour leaving promptly and going directly to Monreale it's at least a 30 minute drive plus the walk uphill to the Cathedral so I can't see how an inside guided visit can be completed before 10.00.

If you are just back from the Epic 9th December sailing and went on this excursion then please let me know if the visit was successful.