Amazing Breeze cruise on 12/5-13 with LARGE GROUP

rob6465

PRE-CRUISE: Wife and I are from Houston and this was the first cruise from outside of Galveston. All our 7 cruises have been from Galveston(15 min away). Our oldest son even got married on the Magic from Galveston in 2012. We decided we wanted to try out different ports and I wanted to visit my birthplace(Puerto Rico). Our flight(American) left at 5am from Houston ON 12/4. 1st drama is after clearing security wife realized she left her diabetic insulin in fridge at home. I told her when we land we'll call her doctor so she can hopefully call in a refill at CVS in Miami. We were very fortunate that CVS was 1 block from the Courtyard Marriott downtown where we were staying. She got her insulin by 12pm

We were cruising with 375+ members of a social media group that someone started 1 year ago. This group was the best !! We call our group the Crazy Breezers. We had t-shirts made by a woman who her job is making cruise t-shirts. Courtyard was a very nice hotel that offered shuttle to the cruise port for $5 per person. While in Miami we visited Bayside market which is walking distance. Whole bunch of shops and restaurant there.

We ate at the Largo Seafood Grill, which had decent wings and fried shrimp. Wife had burger sliders which she enjoyed. We ate, shopped and headed back to hotel to rest. In the evening a bunch of the Breezers decided to catch Uber cab and head to South beach to visit Senor Frogs restaurant/bar. Amazing time there !! We even had a visit from rap Artist Flo-rida, who was eating/dining with his group there. Seems a lot of music artists/athletes live in beautiful Miami. Tomorrow(12/5) we cruise !!!!

Edited by rob6465

CRUISE DAY !!! Wife and got up early so we can have breakfast at a small café close to the hotel called Freshko Gourmet. They offer a variety of foods including crepes. Wife and I had egg sandwich on a croissant/bagel and amazing coffee. The café is located at 228 SE 1st in downtown Miami, close to the CVS that was our next stop to buy some last minute items. They sell wine so those that want to take some wine on ship can do so.

Our shuttle to cruise port was scheduled for 10:30am so we made sure to be at lobby by 10am. It was raining and there was a delay in the shuttle. Seems that the luggage trailer for shuttle broke down so luggages will be put into shuttle instead of trailer. We boarded the shuttle and off we went for a long drive(driver got lost). Well driver actually missed the exit at port and had to go back again to get off right exit...lol Were we pissed? NO WAY....WE CRUISING !!

We got to terminal and it was very crowded, well it seemed crowded. We went through security and then at counter we gave our boarding pass. The counter person told us we are priority boarding and to go to captain's lounge. You sure you got the right couple??? Wife works for a company in Houston that does repairs on carnival ships and she always does business with Carnival headquarters in Miami. Seems someone likes here there and pulled some strings...at boarding and throughout cruise(tell u later).

After about 20 minutes in lounge and texting our son in Houston and telling him and wife what was happening, we were given our sail and sign cards and told our room will be ready when we board. We started walking to board the ship. The rush when you are heading to board the ship never gets old. We boarded her and we love the atrium and saw some Crazy Breezers already drinking. We headed to lido deck for that first drink and check out Guy's burger. Wife loves burgers so she wanted to experience Guy's burger(review on that later).

Wife and I made name badges for the entire group(300+), so we sent a text using the carnival hub app and they came flocking to us. It was so nice putting the faces to the names of everyone in group. We finished our DOD/burgers and headed to our room, which was ready. We always do balcony because my wife says she is claustrophobic. Me? I can do inside, ocean...I think..lol Well we received a small gift(wine) from Breeze hotel director. We also noticed the cabin was furnished with items from the Cloud 9 spa. We did not get Cloud 9 privileges, just the items(slippers, bathroom items). We dropped off the bags we had and wife put our meds/personal items in the safe. Then we headed back to lido to find more crazy breezers and scout the ship. Ship reminds me soooo much of Magic.

We had made sure some of us sat together at dinner time. There were 3 other couples(breezers) who will be sitting with us at dinner. We met them on lido and I passed out more name badges. Everyone was so grateful that we took the time and effort to do this. Really it was my loving wife who made the name badges...it was not easy. We had their names and their favorite NFL teams or where they are from. Will try to post pic of badges but having a difficult time uploading them.

More review soon......................................:D:D:D

food.jpg.dab0b0790eeaa92383195000ab4eac17.jpg

o.jpg.38dcbdc4d4f9d479f755cce3e92028d2.jpg

9adf32833a8495a71991a001ecaf166c.jpg.b05087c28aec4a4fde0b0e020a795795.jpg

Hey Roberto, it's Steve!

Can't wait to read more and relive this amazing week, with amazing people.

Steve, you and james are a BIG reason why this cruise was as special as it was. Hope to cruise with you guys again.:D:D:D