CruiseNext promotion - please help me understand.

clivep

Happy Xmas everyone. I'm really hoping I can get some help over some of the finer points of the CruiseNext promotion as I'm getting very confused.

We're booked on the 11 night 13th January 2016 Epic sailing. If we really enjoy the cruise and the price drops as anticipated then I may book the 3rd February cruise with the same itinerary.

Having read posts about CruiseNext I understand that if I purchase a $250 deposit on board then this will in effect cost me $150 ($250 charged to on board account less the $100 OBC credited to the account).

In addition, looking on https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext shows the following:

CRUISENEXT PROMOTIONS

Double Your Rewards

Guests can apply 2 Cruise Rewards or 2 CruiseNext Deposits to one stateroom. This is a limited time offer valid for sailings 6 days or longer booked and sailed by April 30th 2016.

Expired Cruise Rewards

Cruise Rewards that have expired can be applied to a new booking. This is a limited time offer valid for sailings 7 days or longer booked before December 31st 2015.

(Interestingly when I printed this out yesterday both these promotions applied if booked and sailed by 29th February 2016).

So, according to this, I could buy 2 deposits and use them on the 3rd February cruise and save $250.

1st problem... Your travel agent is notified of your deposit. I have read that NCL only do this after the 30 day cooling off period. We would have RETURNED from the 3rd February cruise by this time. I presume there would be some way that my TA would still be able to process the deposits.

As my booking would be within 30 days of sailing I would not get a free amenity but...

I could possibly benefit from the CruiseNext Ultimate offer if I booked the 3rd February cruise whilst on board. I understand that the on board offers are the same as, but not combinable with, the amenities in the current promotions and can be "locked in " by making a booking. Do I still get the CruiseNext Ultimate amenity if the cruise is within 30 days? If not then can I make a booking for a year hence then take advantage of the one-time complimentary change to switch to 3rd February and keep the locked-in amenity?

Now it starts to get more complicated...

I live in the UK and have previously booked cruises using UK/EU/US travel agents. For our January sailing the EU price was far less than the UK/US ones so I booked through a German TA. Unlike in the US where the NCL price is quoted then OBC given, in the UK/EU the NCL price is discounted and in this case my TA gave me €50 pp off the NCL € price.

The CruiseNext info says " You will receive the Cruise Reward Deposit in the currency your current cruise reservation was purchased under" so in my case this would be €. However, if I book the 3rd February cruise on my return from the January one then I may want to make the booking in £ or $ rather than €. Will this cause problems trying to use the deposit?

Also, the "Double Your Rewards" promotion is only showing on the US NCL site, not the UK or EU ones. Presumably this means I can only use 1 deposit if I book through a UK/EU TA so need to decide on this before making my deposit purchase on board.

Should I decide to book on board then what price and terms and conditions apply? Is it the US one, my home country's, the EU one my booking was made through or do I get a choice? If it is the EU one then presumably it would be at the ncl.eu price rather than the discounted one I would get from my TA.

Similarly, are the amenities offered with the CruiseNext Ultimate also dependent on the currency of booking and come with the same t's & c's and choice as offered in the different markets (US +18% gratuities, UK/EU gratuities included)?