Royal Princess Cabin Question

JEDMELK

Hello and Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Hopefully, you are all surrounded by family and good friends and enjoying the day.

I am curious about cabins because we are considering booking the Royal Princess for next year. I have done a search and can not find specific answers so, obviously I am turning to my fellow cruisers for the answer.

We are considering booking a category DE Deluxe Balcony on Marina Deck- specifically looking at one of M711, M712, M714, M715. (not that it matters but, this would be for 10 day Caribbean)

• Can anyone please let me know whether these balconies are covered (or not)?

• Are these particularly noisy since they are under the Horizon Terrace?

• Any other particularly good or bad information about these cabins?

Thanks in advance for any and all information about these.

Once again, have a Great Christmas

Jed

Hello and Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Hopefully, you are all surrounded by family and good friends and enjoying the day.

I am curious about cabins because we are considering booking the Royal Princess for next year. I have done a search and can not find specific answers so, obviously I am turning to my fellow cruisers for the answer.

We are considering booking a category DE Deluxe Balcony on Marina Deck- specifically looking at one of M711, M712, M714, M715. (not that it matters but, this would be for 10 day Caribbean)

• Can anyone please let me know whether these balconies are covered (or not)?

• Are these particularly noisy since they are under the Horizon Terrace?

• Any other particularly good or bad information about these cabins?

Thanks in advance for any and all information about these.

Once again, have a Great Christmas

Jed

Almost all the cabins have very narrow balconies. Here is a video of D508. You'll notice how quickly they move away from the balcony. BTW, almost all the balconies on Regal/Royal are that small.

Here's another balcony video that shows how small these balconies are:

There are some other balconies that are a bit larger but you have to look for them.

Here's a video of the 'peeping tom' balconies already mentioned on this thread:

We got off Royal Princess last Sunday. We had a mini-suite balcony under the sky walk on the Caribe deck (deck 10) Being that far down and having the balcony covered we couldn't even see the Skywalk from our balcony.

JEDMELK,

These cabins you note, M711 thru M715 are located directly below the Lido Horizon Terrace on the deck above.

You may experience noise from overhead throughout the day (and possibly well into the night) from passenger/crew foot traffic and moving chairs/tables, etc.

If you must have Marina deck, I suggest you look closely at the Lido deck layout to better assure you won't have annoying noise above you.

Possibly consider Marina cabins in the front portion of the ship, located beneath Lido deck cabins.

That may minimize concern for most noise from above.

These would include Deluxe Balcony cabins M126 thru M201 and M232/237.

Just wanted to come back and say thank you for the answers, feedback and guidance.

It's always good to know that when I am not sure of something (especially about something as important as cruising), I can always count on the experience that people here are so willing to share.

Thanks

Jed

All Royal balconies are covered. I'd stay far away from Marina deck unless it's beneath other cabins. I had M611 and it was horrible... noise starting at 3:30am loud enough to wake me up and continued throughout the day.

Guess I`m in trouble, Feb 21 we have cabin M623 on the Regal. The price was so good I`ll have to grin & bear it.