Any freebies that you know about?

I know if you have sailed with Holland American you get a tote bag and a coaster(I think that what it was)Its in your room.

Also if you go to the talks at the on boadstores you also get a thank you gift.Once it was a gold by inch braclet,And on the shore talks sit close to stage because they sometimes throw things like tee shirts and cozys.Go to the spa talk you get to drink free and may win a spa gift cert.The art shows always have drinks and you could win a free painting.I found this to be true on many different cruise lines.Also look for the Door>>>>On some ships its a place that only a few people know about .You go up front and look down and you will see a deck that is empty,so go that floor and explore it will be worth it........

Hope this helps

After the sailaway party at the beginning of the cruise, there will be lots of people who leave their souvenir glasses behind. We took several, rinsed them out, and then took them home. After a trip through the dishwasher, they are good as new.

I think that is gross! Just my opinion. I love freebies just as much as the next person, but I will pass on the used glasses...its not that crucial..lol:eek:

ever go out to eat at a resturant?:confused: they dont serve new glasses. they are simply washed with hopefully :) hot soapy water and rinsed for the next customer! if someone were to pick up the glass from the ship and pour their own drink into it and start drinking I would then agree that it would be:eek: gross!! but washing it out first...its o.k. by me...

Dont leave your glass around on the Dawn's Jan sailing...cause :cool: I'll pick it up wash it out and take it home with ME!! :p LOL

Hi, we always take our own sea sick tablets, but you can get them for much less in the pharmacy, Mecalzine is the same exact thing as Bonine. In a Bonine package you get may be 8 tablets for $6 or $8 dollars. You just go to the pharmacist and ask for over the counter generic bonine which is Mecalzine and you get probably 100 tablets for about $7 or $8 dollars, much more cost effective. And it works great , no seasickness, no drowsyness.

Just ask your local pharmacist.( can't get it at walmart)

Cori

Great tip, I will be on a cruise in 2 days and I was just about to pick up some Bonine this evening and I read this comment so I called Walgreens (pharmacy) and asked about it and they have a bottle of 100 Meclazine for $7.99, so I will pick that up in 30 minutes! No need for a prescription.

Royal Caribbean and Carnival sell a coupon book at the pursers desk for approx. $20.00. They have just about every port they visit in it. You can get some really good deals, free and low cost in it.

The only ports we are going to have a real chance to shop in are Cozumel and Costa Maya.. is the book worth the $?

The only ports we are going to have a real chance to shop in are Cozumel and Costa Maya.. is the book worth the $?

I'm trying to find my book. We used it in Grand Cayman and Nassau. Got some really good deals and discounts...welll worth the $20.00!! Alot of the coupons did not have expiration dates on them either!! I know when I got back home, some of my friends were going on a cruise, so I shared a few coupons with them.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that is gross! Just my opinion. I love freebies just as much as the next person, but I will pass on the used glasses...its not that crucial..lol:eek:

So I guess when you go to a restaraunt you ask for a disposable cup?

As for bring what you need, it costs a fortune in the gift shop..I learned this the hard way. Don't forget the aloe vera! No matter how careful you think you'll be...LOL.

Freebie...definately volunteer to go on stage. We went to one bingo on the Soviergn and they were asking for a male volunteer (more gun shy mabey?) and wouldn't divulge "for what?" They grabbed a guy next to us professing not to speak english. Anyhow..all he had to do was verify there was one of each number on the bingo balls and he got a free drink of the day. We went to bingo one more time for the jackpot round and when they asked for a volunteer my husband started whooping and practically did jumping jacks. He won a "deep blue sea" and wouldn't share! :mad:

*sigh* the things we do for free drinks.

ever go out to eat at a resturant?:confused: they dont serve new glasses. they are simply washed with hopefully :) hot soapy water and rinsed for the next customer! if someone were to pick up the glass from the ship and pour their own drink into it and start drinking I would then agree that it would be:eek: gross!! but washing it out first...its o.k. by me...

Dont leave your glass around on the Dawn's Jan sailing...cause 'll pick it up wash it out and take it home with ME!! :p LOL

When I go out to restaurants, I get my beverages in "to go" foam cups.:p

Dont leave your glass around on the Dawn's Jan sailing...cause 'll pick it up wash it out and take it home with ME!! :p LOL

When I go out to restaurants, I get my beverages in "to go" foam cups.:p And besides, I'm not that hard up on a souvenir cup that I have to get it that way. This is just what "I" wouldnt do. To each their own.

Happy Sippin

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for all the tips. They're great for 1st timers like me.

Does anyone know if Celebrity has coupon books that can be purchased? Also, is the beach bag given away on every cruise, or only those in the Carribean?

Freebie...definately volunteer to go on stage. We went to one bingo on the Soviergn and they were asking for a male volunteer (more gun shy mabey?) and wouldn't divulge "for what?" They grabbed a guy next to us professing not to speak english. Anyhow..all he had to do was verify there was one of each number on the bingo balls and he got a free drink of the day. We went to bingo one more time for the jackpot round and when they asked for a volunteer my husband started whooping and practically did jumping jacks. He won a "deep blue sea" and wouldn't share! :mad:

*sigh* the things we do for free drinks.

At pub night they asked for volunteers to come on stage...but neglected to mention what for....

Let's just say those passengers were put in a VERY embarressing situation. I supposed they got a free drink in exchange for their dignity...:eek:

• 2 months later...
I started the Diamonds International Charm Bracelet a couple of cruises ago. It is a cute momento. We try to make sure we see some different port on every cruise. DI is generally easy to find. You can go to the DI website and see the whole set of charms.

I have to admit it was fun running around the islands on a Treasure Hunt to find all the freebies in the Savvy Traveler book. The only drawback to the charm bracelets is that they tarnish pretty quickly. I only wore mine about 6-7 times and you can see a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived