Music on Reflection--not as bad as reported

CruisinCadie

Just returned from the Celebrity Reflection, Dec. 12 sailing. After reading so many post critical of the music on the Reflection, I am happy to report that we found the music selection had something for everyone. And my husband is a former professional musician, so he's quite selective.

Jonny Mantra, the singer/guitarist, was exceptional. The house orchestra played big band music for dancing in the foyer every evening they were not performing in the theatre. We didn't get to hear Ear Candy, but did enjoy the jazz quartet. And LAX was not as bad as reported, although we only heard them by the pool. DJ's were not obnoxious when playing in the foyer.

So don't worry, you'll find something you like. No string quartets or a cappella groups, but a good variety to make your cruise enjoyable.

Kathy

Just returned from the Celebrity Reflection, Dec. 12 sailing. After reading so many post critical of the music on the Reflection, I am happy to report that we found the music selection had something for everyone. And my husband is a former professional musician, so he's quite selective.

Jonny Mantra, the singer/guitarist, was exceptional. The house orchestra played big band music for dancing in the foyer every evening they were not performing in the theatre. We didn't get to hear Ear Candy, but did enjoy the jazz quartet. And LAX was not as bad as reported, although we only heard them by the pool. DJ's were not obnoxious when playing in the foyer.

So don't worry, you'll find something you like. No string quartets or a cappella groups, but a good variety to make your cruise enjoyable.

Kathy

Agree. We were on the Dec 5 sailing. Found a large variety of entertainment. There was always something going on. We did find the music at the one "nite club" we tried much too loud for us. But the truth is we rarely stay up late enough to participate in entertainments offered after the late show so it isn't a problem for us. The biggest change we noticed was how busy all the bars were all the time. We were never able to get near the Martini Bar. Not a fan of the foyer entertainment. We also loved Johnny Mantra and listened to him one nite over a coffee drink but enjoyed him more sitting in the ensemble lounge. I do understand what they are trying to do. Concentrating entertainment in that area makes the whole ship feel very active. We just didn't find it very comfortable. We did have a great cruise.