Wine Testing Seminar

gailc

I have gone several times. Most folks wear shorts and nice tops. Whatever you are wearing that day except bathing suits. I don't think there is a dress code but I can't recall seeing any tank tops on the men or Tshirts with offensive sayings.

They are fun if you don't know much about wine and even if you do know a lot, it is something different to do.

Will probably go again in Jan.

I've been to the wine tasting on Celebrity and it is probably similar. Just resort day way is fine, shorts, golf shirts, sundresses etc. Did not see anyone in bathing suits and coverups. For gentlemen I would consider a collared shirt or a nice "tee" (non logo/nicer fabric)

I have had a lot of fun and usually find at least one wine I end up ordering at dinner because I enjoyed it so much.

I don't suppose anyone out there would have a spare coupon(s) for the wife and I? :eek:

We sail in March 2006 on the Radiance of the Seas. It's our 1st RCCL and our 4th cruise.

Paul & Brigitte

On Celebrity they have one that is Captian's Club only, you get an invite in your room when you board. But then later in the week they also offer one that is open to the general population. I think it is $8 per person and first come first serve/limited availability.

I thnk on the Century, they let me bring Matt with me to the invite only one and pay the $8 for him (I was already Captain's Club, he was not). It may depend how many Crown & Anchor folks are on your cuise, if not a lot they may open it to others too.

Never having been on a RCCL cruise before, I don't have a Crown & Anchor membership yet. My husband and I really enjoy wine tastings and have been to a few here at home (Calgary, Alberta).

Would anyone have a couple of extras that we could use? We are sailing on Vision of the Seas on October 30th (less than 4 weeks from now! YEAH!)

Thanks! :p

Never having been on a RCCL cruise before, I don't have a Crown & Anchor membership yet. My husband and I really enjoy wine tastings and have been to a few here at home (Calgary, Alberta).

Would anyone have a couple of extras that we could use? We are sailing on Vision of the Seas on October 30th (less than 4 weeks from now! YEAH!)

Thanks! :p

I believe you can purchase a ticket for the wine tasting. I know we did this on our first cruise--it was very inexpensive.

I went to the wine tasting on my first Royal Caribbean cruise, and it was a blast.

Since it's pretty much a commercial for their dinner wine list, they keep it affordable. As others have said, it's a good opportunity to sample some wines that you might want to have with dinner later in the cruise.

I went to the wine tasting on my first Royal Caribbean cruise, and it was a blast.

Since it's pretty much a commercial for their dinner wine list, they keep it affordable. As others have said, it's a good opportunity to sample some wines that you might want to have with dinner later in the cruise.

We went to one recently on the Mariner. It was the one offered to C&A members for free with the coupon.

Frankly, for anyone who knows anything about wine, it wasn't of much interest. RCCL long ago got rid of their wine stewards. So, it was presented by a hapless waiter who obviously got roped into it and knew little, if anything, about wine. I think he worked in Vintages (which didn't exactly encourage me to stop in there later!)

It's just a mildly diverting activity for a sea day -- like napkin folding.

We went to one recently on the Mariner. It was the one offered to C&A members for free with the coupon.

Frankly, for anyone who knows anything about wine, it wasn't of much interest. RCCL long ago got rid of their wine stewards. So, it was presented by a hapless waiter who obviously got roped into it and knew little, if anything, about wine. I think he worked in Vintages (which didn't exactly encourage me to stop in there later!)

It's just a mildly diverting activity for a sea day -- like napkin folding.

I've been on cruises where they have asked for the coupon and also looked up your name on a list to be sure that you should have the coupon. I think it was on Celebrity though, not sure. The cost for non-coupon holders is not expensive so if you want to attend, spring for the few bucks!

I went to the wine tasting on our Splendour cruise 2 weeks ago (free as a result of the coupon otherwise $9.95). It was held by one of the 2 wine stewards. We tasted 3 reds, 3 whites and a bubbly. It was very informative and I throughly enjoyed myself. Lasted 1 1/2 hours.

Archived