America's Cup sailing

Harbour20

Unless they've changed, it's not a "sailing tour" as in leisurely tacking around the bay, rather it's a staged sailboat race between 2 former America's Cup Challengers. There's a helmsman and actual crew person on board but all the sail trimming, wench grinding and other tasks are handled by cruisers on the excursion. if there is sufficient wind, boats will heel and you might get splashed by a wave. If you've ever raced or wanted tor ace sailboats, you'll enjoy it. :)

Unless they've changed, it's not a "sailing tour" as in leisurely tacking around the bay, rather it's a staged sailboat race between 2 former America's Cup Challengers. There's a helmsman and actual crew person on board but all the sail trimming, wench grinding and other tasks are handled by cruisers on the excursion. if there is sufficient wind, boats will heel and you might get splashed by a wave. If you've ever raced or wanted tor ace sailboats, you'll enjoy it. :)

Yes, I knew it is actually a regatta that takes place. Just looking for others that have done it. My husband crews each week on Harbour 20 sail boats and I was thinking this might be fun. I was also looking for other options to do this instead of doing through our cruise ship.

I'd like to try this but I don't think my wife will approve.

My wife and I did this several years ago and had a lot of fun.

That said, we are not sailors and/or even familiar with how to run a sail boat...and neither were the other 15 people they grouped us with. The excursion is set up with that in mind.

If your husband is an experienced sailor, he may find it frustrating to be on a sailboat with a bunch of people that have no idea what they are doing...especially when you are paying for the privilege.

Yes, I knew it is actually a regatta that takes place. Just looking for others that have done it. My husband crews each week on Harbour 20 sail boats and I was thinking this might be fun. I was also looking for other options to do this instead of doing through our cruise ship.

I have seen where they rent sailboats for people to sail the lagoon. The Simpson Bay lagoon is the largest lagoon in the Caribbean I believe and there is lots to see.

He'll enjoy the heck out of it. I used to crew on PHFR and IOR boats in SoCal as well as sail Coronado 15s and small Hobies. BIL had his own 24 footer. We did this together and had a great time. Wives went shopping, LOL.

I have seen where they rent sailboats for people to sail the lagoon. The Simpson Bay lagoon is the largest lagoon in the Caribbean I believe and there is lots to see.

He is not that experienced. The sail boats he goes on are smal, not at all like the Stars and .stripes. In fact he is getting ready to go out now on the Harbour 20 now. It is a club he joined a while back and had never sailed before.

Going out on a rented boat isn't an option but thanks.

Like Crewsweeper's idea of letting him go alone and I can find something to do. Although I have done a little sailing myself.

He is not that experienced. The sail boats he goes on are smal, not at all like the Stars and .stripes. In fact he is getting ready to go out now on the Harbour 20 now. It is a club he joined a while back and had never sailed before.

Going out on a rented boat isn't an option but thanks.

Like Crewsweeper's idea of letting him go alone and I can find something to do. Although I have done a little sailing myself.

I have read that you can higher a skipper for a small fee as well.