Superior Ocean View Stateroom

I was just wondering if any of you have ever stayed in a Superior Ocean View Stateroom on a RCCL ship? We are getting ready to make our reservation and we are trying to decide between a couple of things. 1) Should we spend the extra $80 for the Superior over the Deluxe, the Superior has an extra 40 sq. ft. and for only $80 extra seems like it would be worth it. Can you tell the difference? 2) Should we get a room on deck 9 on the side of the ship or a room on deck 10 at the back? Was also trying to figure out how the balcony's between the side and the back differ. Is one better than the other?

To be more specific about the ship and the rooms. Serenade of the Seas - Oct. 28th - Deck 9 Room #1578, Side - Deck 10 Room #1604, Rear - Both rooms are Superior Ocean View. Haven't really looked for a Deluxe.

Thanks in advance.

For $80 I would go with the Superior cabin. I haven't been on a Radiance class ship but on the Voyager class the superior rooms have a bigger sofa & slightly bigger seating area than the deluxe, & I'm pretty sure the Radiance ships are the same way. Having said that, I would be happy in either cabin, but like you said, for just $80 it's worth getting the bigger room. As far as location, I would definitely go with the aft-facing cabin on deck 10. I haven't been in one yet but have one booked for next March & based on everything I've heard from other passengers they are awesome rooms with huge balconies and great views. Hope this helps you out.

On the Radiance class ships it looks like all the aft cabins have great views, unlike the Voyager ships where the higher decks have better, less obstructed views. As far as engine noise & movement, there is a little more movement as you get higher up but most people, myself included, don't mind it at all. Unless you or anyone you're travelling with is very prone to motion sickness you won't have a problem. I can't comment about engine noise - I've never really paid any attention to it or even noticed it that much.

On the Radiance class ships it looks like all the aft cabins have great views, unlike the Voyager ships where the higher decks have better, less obstructed views. As far as engine noise & movement, there is a little more movement as you get higher up but most people, myself included, don't mind it at all. Unless you or anyone you're travelling with is very prone to motion sickness you won't have a problem. I can't comment about engine noise - I've never really paid any attention to it or even noticed it that much.

1578 is a Junior Suite on deck 10. If you meant to type 9578, it's a "hump" on deck 9. Some people swear by the hump, some love the aft.

If it were me, I'd take 1604. Many would kill for that cabin and it's probably worth the $80.

Barb

1578 is a Junior Suite on deck 10. If you meant to type 9578, it's a "hump" on deck 9. Some people swear by the hump, some love the aft.

If it were me, I'd take 1604. Many would kill for that cabin and it's probably worth the $80.

Barb

Barb

You are correct, I did mean 9578 :cool:

Actually those two cabins are the same price, both are superiors. The difference in price was compared to the deluxe which i hadn't really even looked since the superior was only $80 more. :p

Barb

You are correct, I did mean 9578 :cool:

Actually those two cabins are the same price, both are superiors. The difference in price was compared to the deluxe which i hadn't really even looked since the superior was only $80 more. :p

Take 1604. The aft cabins are highly coveted because they have larger balconies than the staterooms on the sides.

They have larger balconies? It says they are the same on the website. Do they not tell ppl there's a difference so the ppl on the sides don't get in an uproar over it? :D

Take 1604. The aft cabins are highly coveted because they have larger balconies than the staterooms on the sides.

They have larger balconies? It says they are the same on the website. Do they not tell ppl there's a difference so the ppl on the sides don't get in an uproar over it? :D

Room size is all about priorities. If there are just two of you then thats probably $80 + $80 or $160. So that will give you a little larger sofa which means those persons you plan on inviting into the ...cabin now can sit on the sofa instead of the bed. It means you have about 15 - 20 sq feet more room for ...dancing.

For me that is more cash and slightly smaller room which is more time in the C...asino and more cocktails.

As far as position on the ship. The laws of gravity and motion state that the closer to the center of the ship the lower the motion of the ship. So deck 4 in the middle is good. deck 9 on the bow is bad. Aft been there in balcony on deck 6 or 7 and didn't notice that much motion or noise.

Room size is all about priorities. If there are just two of you then thats probably $80 + $80 or $160. So that will give you a little larger sofa which means those persons you plan on inviting into the ...cabin now can sit on the sofa instead of the bed. It means you have about 15 - 20 sq feet more room for ...dancing.

For me that is more cash and slightly smaller room which is more time in the C...asino and more cocktails.

As far as position on the ship. The laws of gravity and motion state that the closer to the center of the ship the lower the motion of the ship. So deck 4 in the middle is good. deck 9 on the bow is bad. Aft been there in balcony on deck 6 or 7 and didn't notice that much motion or noise.

We were on deck 9 at the bow on the Serenade and didn't mind the gentle rocking. It wasn't much more movement than anywhere else we went on the ship.

As far as the $$ goes, a D1 compared to an E1 might not be worth the $80, but we're not talking about just any D1. One choice is a hump cabin, which has a larger-than-advertised balcony, and the other is an aft, which has a HUGE balcony. When you get these choices for the same price as any other D1, it changes the game in my book.

I say go for the D1, particularly if you can get the aft (1604)!

Barb

We were on deck 9 at the bow on the Serenade and didn't mind the gentle rocking. It wasn't much more movement than anywhere else we went on the ship.

As far as the $$ goes, a D1 compared to an E1 might not be worth the $80, but we're not talking about just any D1. One choice is a hump cabin, which has a larger-than-advertised balcony, and the other is an aft, which has a HUGE balcony. When you get these choices for the same price as any other D1, it changes the game in my book.

I say go for the D1, particularly if you can get the aft (1604)!

Barb

As far as the $$ goes, a D1 compared to an E1 might not be worth the $80, but we're not talking about just any D1.

It's actually only $80 total difference between the aft D1 and an E2, $40 total difference between the aft D1 and E1, and $20 total difference between the aft D1 and E3. :D Seems like a good deal, i have Cabin 1604 on hold right now will be booking this evening. :D Thanks for the input.

Archived