POLL-Fantasy, Fascination, or Paradise?

bobbi3

That is a tough call and really depends on what your friend is looking for in a cruise.

Personally, I would not choose the Fascination. I've been on her twice and found the food and service to be on a lower caliber than my other Carnival cruises (just MHO.) Plus, the itinerary is the same as the Fantasy.

The Fantasy has just been refurbished so the ship ought to be in great shape. She sails exclusively to the Bahamas.

The Paradise was a nonsmoking ship for a long time and I've heard that she's held up well due to that history. She sails to Baja California in Mexico.

Neither is "better," just different. Since the ships are so similar, I'd make my decision based on which itinerary I would rather sail. Hope this helps.

That is a tough call and really depends on what your friend is looking for in a cruise.

Personally, I would not choose the Fascination. I've been on her twice and found the food and service to be on a lower caliber than my other Carnival cruises (just MHO.) Plus, the itinerary is the same as the Fantasy.

The Fantasy has just been refurbished so the ship ought to be in great shape. She sails exclusively to the Bahamas.

The Paradise was a nonsmoking ship for a long time and I've heard that she's held up well due to that history. She sails to Baja California in Mexico.

Neither is "better," just different. Since the ships are so similar, I'd make my decision based on which itinerary I would rather sail. Hope this helps.

I was on the Paradise and loved her. I love the Fantasy class and that is what all three of these are. I would pick by 1) getting to the port cheaply and/or 2) the itinerary.

One is west coast, one Miami and one is out of Orlando. Is she getting a 3 or 4 day. A four day gives her the option of Bahama or Western Caribbean.

I was on the Paradise and loved her. I love the Fantasy class and that is what all three of these are. I would pick by 1) getting to the port cheaply and/or 2) the itinerary.

One is west coast, one Miami and one is out of Orlando. Is she getting a 3 or 4 day. A four day gives her the option of Bahama or Western Caribbean.

She has won a 3-dayer. I'm trying to encourage her not to go on the Mexico cruise. We're in southern California and Ensenada is only 4 hours away. I think the bahama's would be better........ but then again...I've never been on any of these cruises....hence, why I'm asking.. :)

She has won a 3-dayer. I'm trying to encourage her not to go on the Mexico cruise. We're in southern California and Ensenada is only 4 hours away. I think the bahama's would be better........ but then again...I've never been on any of these cruises....hence, why I'm asking.. :)

In that case, I would go with the Fantasy since the Fantasy and Fascination have basically the same itineraries. I just wasn't too pleased with the Fascination. I haven't really read anything bad about the Fantasy (we loved her when we sailed on her in 2002), and even picked her as our next cruise. The fact that she just got out of drydock for a major sprucing-up would be a big plus for me.

In that case, I would go with the Fantasy since the Fantasy and Fascination have basically the same itineraries. I just wasn't too pleased with the Fascination. I haven't really read anything bad about the Fantasy (we loved her when we sailed on her in 2002), and even picked her as our next cruise. The fact that she just got out of drydock for a major sprucing-up would be a big plus for me.

Is airfare included in the free cruise? If not, this will be an added expense which may influence her decision. We have been on the Paradise and Fascination and I liked them both, but Paradise is my favorite. I think it may have been because it was a 15 day Panama Canal cruise and we spent a lot of time on the ship. Go with the itinerary that you like the best.

Since you're kind of ruling out the Paradise I would suggest the Fantasy. I have been on this ship four times and she is a great ship. I did not care for the Fascination. The Fantasy has had quite a bit of money spent on her over the last few years and she is a great looking ship.

The cruise is just going to Ensenada so they can say they sailed to a foreign port. The main experience on the three-day is the actual cruise. Personally, I had to be persuaded by the DW to de-bark there.

That said, remember that it's easy to get to the Carnival terminal (by private or public transportation) from anywhere in SoCal. Easier than LAX. And then she would have to fly and get to the port. Begins to sound like she'd spend at least two days travel for a three-day cruise. Seems like it would defeat the purpose of a relaxing cruise.

Laura you will be getting on the Fantasy when I get off..just noticed your counter is 4 days after mine...74 days to go for me...

Make sure you save some foo foo drinks for me! :D

I can't wait to see the refurb. Sounds fantastic.

Have a great cruise!

Laura

Bobbi, keep in mind the Mexican Caribbean is much much different than the Mexican Pacific so I wouldn't totally rule that out. Plus, the Bahamas are very so so compared to Cozumel. While I love the Abacos and Out Islands of the Bahama Islands (including Bimini and many other islands), Nassau and Freeport are both less than desirable ports.

I can't compare any of the other boats but I had a blast on the Fascination.

Archived