Port Everglades Check-In Info Please

Elaine515

I haven't sailed out of Port Everglades in about 10 years, and FTTF wasn't around then. Can someone guide me, tell me if there is a separate entrance, room, anything for Diamond/Platinum or FTTF passengers to enter ?

I know when we leave from Miami we always go to the very left side of the building to enter and then they have a separate waiting area/room for us... Is it like that in Port Everglades? The main reason I'm asking, is, of course to know where to go, but also because my Mom can't walk/stand for a long time and I'd like to be able to drop her off as close as possible so she can enter, check in and sit down asap...

Thanks everyone..

I haven't sailed out of Port Everglades in about 10 years, and FTTF wasn't around then. Can someone guide me, tell me if there is a separate entrance, room, anything for Diamond/Platinum or FTTF passengers to enter ?

I know when we leave from Miami we always go to the very left side of the building to enter and then they have a separate waiting area/room for us... Is it like that in Port Everglades? The main reason I'm asking, is, of course to know where to go, but also because my Mom can't walk/stand for a long time and I'd like to be able to drop her off as close as possible so she can enter, check in and sit down asap...

Thanks everyone..

We sailed from Port Everglades in February. There was one entrance. Platinum and Diamond check-in was to the right while everyone else checked in to the left. There was a VIP waiting room. We even had delicious Carnival chocolate chip cookies waiting for us. Mmmm! FTTF had a separate waiting area, which was separate from general embarkation.

We just sailed from there. Were at the port by 11, checked in at 11:30. Platinum etc was called at 11:40, FTTF at 11:45 and they had called us (Group 5) by 11:50. I was not FTTF and was on board before noon and had my luggage by 2.

Not sure after purchasing FTTF you want to hear that....;)

Not sure it was the same terminal you will be leaving from, but it was bad for us. So much so, we will not be returning to this port. There was a priority check in line for Plats, Dia, FTTF, and Suite guests. This line was fed in with the general check in lines. General check in was much shorter.

We were directed to a large room without windows and two standard size doors for exiting/entering. All these groups, plus special needs, including walkers and scooters, were in this same area. We arrived at 1100 and were able to have a seat. The room filled quickly to standing room only. It was claustrophobic! Of course, exiting was going to be crazy. One employee came to the doorway at about 1230 and softly said something about Diamonds and Platinums. Couldn't hear much. The rush and push began. We held back and waited until almost all had left.

We were directed to make our way down behind the guests checking in and in front of the lines awaiting check in. It was certainly dangerous with all the carry on luggage some bring. There were at least 300 in that "Priority" waiting area.

So, simple fix for us. We did our surveys, reported our experience onboard to GS. That's all we can do. Probably won't go back to this port.

Hope your experience is much better. The cruise and ship were wonderful! Debark painless and early.

Not sure it was the same terminal you will be leaving from, but it was bad for us. So much so, we will not be returning to this port. There was a priority check in line for Plats, Dia, FTTF, and Suite guests. This line was fed in with the general check in lines. General check in was much shorter.

We were directed to a large room without windows and two standard size doors for exiting/entering. All these groups, plus special needs, including walkers and scooters, were in this same area. We arrived at 1100 and were able to have a seat. The room filled quickly to standing room only. It was claustrophobic! Of course, exiting was going to be crazy. One employee came to the doorway at about 1230 and softly said something about Diamonds and Platinums. Couldn't hear much. The rush and push began. We held back and waited until almost all had left.

We were directed to make our way down behind the guests checking in and in front of the lines awaiting check in. It was certainly dangerous with all the carry on luggage some bring. There were at least 300 in that "Priority" waiting area.

So, simple fix for us. We did our surveys, reported our experience onboard to GS. That's all we can do. Probably won't go back to this port.

Hope your experience is much better. The cruise and ship were wonderful! Debark painless and early.

Wow, your embarkation sounds awful. You must have been in a different terminal.

There were only about 50 Diamonds and Platinums in the VIP lounge when we were called to embark at 11:15. There were lots of assistance needed guests waiting in the very crowded FTTF area. Our friends, who purchased FTTF, boarded just after us. We met at Guest Services 10 minutes after we embarked.

This was one of the best embarkations we've ever experienced.

We have experienced this twice now at Port Everglades. The second time my 2 year old granddaughter was hit in the head as she sat in her stroller. Someone with many carryons rushing to be first on board. They had everyone except general boarding together. There were handicap with walkers and wheelchairs plus diamond, platinum and fttf! Really sad thing is we were almost at the back of the crowd to avoid the pushing & shoving.

I will not cruise out of PE until the mob situation is improved and I did let Carnival know of this incident

We were there a couple weeks ago and yes there was a FTTF line for FTTF, Platinum and Diamond and it went screamingly fast. We were then directed up an escalator to a HOT and jam packed cement room called the "Captains Lounge" I am not sure what Captain would like that, but it sucked.. ALL FTTF were there, as were wedding parties, and not sure who else but it was standing room only.. I wanted to go back downstairs to the regular waiting area. They had water up there and that was it. It was horrible waiting to board, about 2 hours in there and people were getting REALLY grumpy, including me.