Crowne Plaza at FLL

cruzncouple

We are staying at Crowne Plaza at Ft. Lauderdale and our flight won't be in until after 8pm. Does anyone have any knowledge of a restaurant that is close or should we just grab a taxi and go someplace? Also recommendations for a good steak house? Although, any food at that hour would be great!

We are staying at Crowne Plaza at Ft. Lauderdale and our flight won't be in until after 8pm. Does anyone have any knowledge of a restaurant that is close or should we just grab a taxi and go someplace? Also recommendations for a good steak house? Although, any food at that hour would be great!

Outback is just across Federal Highway.

Duffys is good but more of a sports bar.

The best steakhouse would be Steak 954 in The W Hotel. Amazing food and ambiance, oceanfront $$$$$.

Edited by BlueHerons

I said Outback is across Federal Highway NOT across from the Crowne Plaza.

Question was asked if a restaurant is near the Crowne Plaza. You said Outback is "just across Federal Highway", when "just across the highway, 7 blocks north and another 2 blocks east" would be a bit more accurate . Sounds like you are saying it's near Crowne Plaza. Thanks for clarifying.

Question was asked if a restaurant is near the Crowne Plaza. You said Outback is "just across Federal Highway", when "just across the highway, 7 blocks north and another 2 blocks east" would be a bit more accurate . Sounds like you are saying it's near Crowne Plaza. Thanks for clarifying.

Let me clarify, when I said Outback is across Federal Highway I was speaking in terms of the fact that you have to cross a major highway to get there.

I wasn't giving directions.

For directions you would cross Federal at a major intersection for the crosswalk then walk down Miami Road.

Edited by BlueHerons

The closest restaurant is Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza a block away.

It's not a steak house but most people like it.

The closest steakhouses are Bistro Mezzaluna and Outback, both under a mile away, but I personally wouldn't want to walk there at night; the main street has very heavy traffic and the side streets are too desolate, and there are a lot of vagrants around.

There is also a cool neighborhood craft beer bar a half mile south called Riverside Market South, on SE 6th Ave, that serves food, including excellent thin pizza.

The Crowne Plaza has a restaurant that is open untill 11. pm so you have options available to you.

Enjoy your cruise.

The closest steakhouses are Bistro Mezzaluna and Outback, both under a mile away, but I personally wouldn't want to walk there at night; the main street has very heavy traffic and the side streets are too desolate, and there are a lot of vagrants around.

There is also a cool neighborhood craft beer bar a half mile south called Riverside Market South, on SE 6th Ave, that serves food, including excellent thin pizza.

Thank you SO much!!! I am always up for pizza, especially close by. I am hoping this neighborhood is safe enough to walk a block at night?

I will keep Riverside Market South in mind! Is this safe to walk to at night? if so our group might choose this!

It's definitely safe enough to walk to Anthony's a block away. For the 6 block walk to Riverside, it would be better to be with a group. You do have to cross one big street to get to Riverside, State Rd 84 (AKA SE 24th St.). Uber is available in the area too.

It's definitely safe enough to walk to Anthony's a block away. For the 6 block walk to Riverside, it would be better to be with a group. You do have to cross one big street to get to Riverside, State Rd 84 (AKA SE 24th St.). Uber is available in the area too.

Thank you so much for the advice!!!

Thank you SO much!!! I am always up for pizza, especially close by. I am hoping this neighborhood is safe enough to walk a block at night?

Here's another vote for Anthony's..it's an easy walk ( i've had two total knee replacements and made it easily)..small place so you might have to wait but the food is awesome and we try and book the Crowne

Plaza just so we can go to Anthony's.

Are there shops around in the area of Crown Plaza ?

There's a nice Mercedes dealer right across the road lol.

Not much around the hotel in terms of retail. It's more a commercial area. Harbor Shops plaza is probably a 15-20 minute walk, and there are some stores on the north side of 17th St as well.