Wrigley80's Carnival Elation Photo Review with the KREWE

wrigley80

Brianna,

I know this has been a rough couple of months for you, but I'm so glad you got to go on this cruise with the KREWE. I am so glad you had fun and there were definitely parts of if that I felt like I was with all of you and there was more than one occasion (several) where I was actually laughing out loud...you guys are definitely a fun group and know how to cruise. I was sad to see this review come to an end so soon, but it was a shorter cruise, BUT I'm also looking forward to you upcoming review on Dream. Thanks so much for doing this, I really enjoyed it just as I do all of your reviews. :)

These last 3 months have been the toughest and most emotional thing that I have ever went through. I wouldn't wish this kind of sadness on my worst enemy. Everywhere I look I have a reminder of my dad.

The only reason that I even went on this cruise was because I knew that I would be cruising with my KREWE. They made it memorable for different reasons.

Happy to hear that I could make you laugh Holly. Thank you for following along.

Brianna,

Thanks for the info! I hope that gets fixed before we go out on February 6th. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, but I'm not sure about some of the others in my party.

Thank you for the in-depth review and the pics! You look like you really enjoy yourself and you all look like so much fun to cruise with. :) Thanks for sharing this in spite of it being a rough couple of months for you. I'm glad you still find joy in something that was a source of joy for you and your dad.

My sympathy for your loss. I lost my stepdad in 2012 after a lengthy illness, and than my mother a year and a half later, and my biological father 1 year ago, so I know how difficult it can be. It can be bittersweet doing things that you used to do with them...I'm glad you had some awesome company! <3

Brianna,

Thanks for the info! I hope that gets fixed before we go out on February 6th. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, but I'm not sure about some of the others in my party.

Thank you for the in-depth review and the pics! You look like you really enjoy yourself and you all look like so much fun to cruise with. :) Thanks for sharing this in spite of it being a rough couple of months for you. I'm glad you still find joy in something that was a source of joy for you and your dad.

My sympathy for your loss. I lost my stepdad in 2012 after a lengthy illness, and than my mother a year and a half later, and my biological father 1 year ago, so I know how difficult it can be. It can be bittersweet doing things that you used to do with them...I'm glad you had some awesome company! <3

I doubt the stabilizer problem will be fixed by then because they said that it can only be fixed when the ship goes in for a dry dock.

Thanks Again. Yeah we have a great time when we cruise. This one was a little bittersweet without my dad but I was surrounded by people who love me. There were moments when I thought what would my dad do if he was here. And I know he would be having fun so that's what I did. He would have wanted me to enjoy my time with my friends

I have a question for you :)

How long until you get to diamond ?

After my cruise later this month on the Dream I will have 136 days at sea with Carnival. I've still got a ways to go but hopefully I will get there.

This upcoming cruise on the Dream will be my 20th with Carnival

Brianna,

I am very sorry about your father's passing. Always enjoyed reading your reviews about the cruising adventures you had with your father. This coming Monday will make one year since my mother passed away. She would always tell me & my sister those who pass on will always be in your heart, always on your mind & watching over you no matter where you are(Hence the statement in my signature about the angel & the devil cruising together with their mother watching over them from up above.).

I enjoyed your review & seeing the pictures of the Elation. The Elation was the ship that got my sister addicted to cruising.

I love reading about the adventures you & your krewe have.

Enjoy your time in New Orleans before going on the Dream & have an awesome cruise.

Monicia :)

Brianna,

I am very sorry about your father's passing. Always enjoyed reading your reviews about the cruising adventures you had with your father. This coming Monday will make one year since my mother passed away. She would always tell me & my sister those who pass on will always be in your heart, always on your mind & watching over you no matter where you are(Hence the statement in my signature about the angel & the devil cruising together with their mother watching over them from up above.).

I enjoyed your review & seeing the pictures of the Elation. The Elation was the ship that got my sister addicted to cruising.

I love reading about the adventures you & your krewe have.

Enjoy your time in New Orleans before going on the Dream & have an awesome cruise.

Monicia :)

Thank you. So sorry about your mom. Losing a parent is a club that no one wants to be a part of. I know that my dad will always be watching over me from above as my angel.

New Orleans is my favorite city in the U.S. so I know that we will have a good time....we always do

Thank you. So sorry about your mom. Losing a parent is a club that no one wants to be a part of. I know that my dad will always be watching over me from above as my angel.

New Orleans is my favorite city in the U.S. so I know that we will have a good time....we always do

Thank you. I know she is still with me as my angel also.

Enjoy the parades while you are in New Orleans. You leaving on the first weekend of parades & returning on the Sunday that Bacchus rolls. I will be looking forward to your Dream review. At the moment I am looking at booking either the Dream, Glory, or Vista for my cruise next year.

What a fun cruise and loving tribute to your dad Brianna! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all the pics and your thoughts. Nothing like friends that let you be who you are ~ and are with you wholeheartedly in the moment! Our very first cruise will be in May and reviews like yours make me so happy we took that leap and booked! Can get pricey for our family of 5 but I'm committed to the idea that investing in experiences is so much more important than buying "things". Blessings to you, your KREWE and your sweet daddy's legacy of love and fun! 😀~ Tara

Thank you. I know she is still with me as my angel also.

Enjoy the parades while you are in New Orleans. You leaving on the first weekend of parades & returning on the Sunday that Bacchus rolls. I will be looking forward to your Dream review. At the moment I am looking at booking either the Dream, Glory, or Vista for my cruise next year.

We probably won't see any parades...at least were not intending to but you never know what you will stumble up on in New Orleans. The Sunday (February 7th) when we return we are driving from New Orleans back to Orlando (my best friend that I am cruising with lives in Kissimmee). Flights were so expensive that day out of New Orleans so we are driving to Florida and then I will fly home from there.

I will definitely be doing a photo review of the Dream when I return home from the cruise. And depending on when you are looking to book your next cruise I will be cruising on the Vista for the inaugural cruise on May 1st and I will most definitely be doing a photo review for that cruise

What a fun cruise and loving tribute to your dad Brianna! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all the pics and your thoughts. Nothing like friends that let you be who you are ~ and are with you wholeheartedly in the moment! Our very first cruise will be in May and reviews like yours make me so happy we took that leap and booked! Can get pricey for our family of 5 but I'm committed to the idea that investing in experiences is so much more important than buying "things". Blessings to you, your KREWE and your sweet daddy's legacy of love and fun! ~ Tara

Awwww Thank You so much. Yes I have truly been blessed with some amazing friends who have been there for me no matter what. I know that within the first month of my dad's passing I really pushed my friends away but they didn't go anywhere...I guess that was when I knew that it was a true friendship.

Congratulations on your first cruise....you will love the Freedom. Make those memories now with your family because if my dad's death has taught me anything is that we are not guaranteed tomorrow. So live each day to the fullest and cherish those memories that you are able to make. And trust me when I say this cruise won't be your last ;) :)

Hi Brianna! Glad you had fun on the cruise. I can't believe I was in NOLA at the same time as you! We left on the Dream on 1/3. Had a FABULOUS Journey's cruise. I know you will have fun. 2 suggestions. If you do Anytime Dining, ask to be seated in Viktoria's section, you will love her, and she will love you. Tell her MK says hi. And, for photo's, look for Rajan, a delightful gent from India who takes the Best pics. (Tell him MK says hi, too). Finally, please have a Spicy Re-mix in Caliente for me. I miss them. Looking forward to continuing reading.

Hi Brianna! Glad you had fun on the cruise. I can't believe I was in NOLA at the same time as you! We left on the Dream on 1/3. Had a FABULOUS Journey's cruise. I know you will have fun. 2 suggestions. If you do Anytime Dining, ask to be seated in Viktoria's section, you will love her, and she will love you. Tell her MK says hi. And, for photo's, look for Rajan, a delightful gent from India who takes the Best pics. (Tell him MK says hi, too). Finally, please have a Spicy Re-mix in Caliente for me. I miss them. Looking forward to continuing reading.

I love the Carnival Dream. Yes we have Anytime Dining....I will have to remember that to ask to be seated in Viktoria's section. BTW what dining room on the Dream is reserved for Anytime dining.

I am afraid to ask what is in a Spicy re-mix :eek:

I love the Carnival Dream. Yes we have Anytime Dining....I will have to remember that to ask to be seated in Viktoria's section. BTW what dining room on the Dream is reserved for Anytime dining.

I am afraid to ask what is in a Spicy re-mix :eek:

I believe the Crimson dining room is for ATD...

Thanks...and I guess I should know that as this is my third time on the Dream. I guess I never pay attention to the names on the dining rooms

They should use more descriptive names, like "Red Dining Room near the pointy part of the ship", or "Red Dining Room at the back." I could find them easier that way....

Edited by Raxter54

They should use more descriptive names, like "Red Dining Room near the pointy part of the ship", or "Red Dining Room at the back." I could find them easier that way....

yeah that would seem to make more sense. When we cruised on the Dream in December 2014 we had Early Dining and we ate in the Scarlet Dining Room. The elevator service that week for the AFT elevators was awful....it was always clusterfudge leaving dinner every night

yeah that would seem to make more sense. When we cruised on the Dream in December 2014 we had Early Dining and we ate in the Scarlet Dining Room. The elevator service that week for the AFT elevators was awful....it was always clusterfudge leaving dinner every night

Thanks for the info on the elevators. DW has bad knees and stairs are not an option. A leisurely after dinner stroll to the forward elevators would be nice...

Thanks for the info on the elevators. DW has bad knees and stairs are not an option. A leisurely after dinner stroll to the forward elevators would be nice...

You can't make it through from the AFT dining room to the forward dining room without going up a level because the Galley is in between the two

You can't make it through from the AFT dining room to the forward dining room without going up a level because the Galley is in between the two

We can probably negotiate 1 set of stairs. Going up to the 8th deck via stairs not so much......