Wrigley80's Carnival Elation Photo Review with the KREWE

wrigley80

Hello Again.....I am sure that most of you all know me by now and if you don't where have you been ;) My name is Brianna and I love to cruise. But most importantly I truly enjoy sharing my vacation with you all. If one person can benefit from one of my photo reviews then they were worth it.

Every December (first week of December) I cruise with the same group of people. There are about 40 of us and we call ourselves the KREWE of NOLA KRUISERS. We are like family. This is one cruise that I wouldn't miss but I nearly did this year :(

For anyone who has enjoyed one of my reviews in the past you will remember that I cruised with my dad. My dad loved cruising as much as I did (if not more). My dad went on peritoneal dialysis in April 2015. Peritoneal dialysis is where he would do his treatments at home. This allowed him the freedom to go on day trips with me. But most importantly it would still allow him to cruise. When we started the process of dialysis he told his doctors that he still wanted to be able to cruise with me. The dialysis treatments were going well until mid-September. My dad had some setbacks and was hospitalized. At this time they had to begin emergency hemodialysis in the hospital. While at the hospital my dad come down with a major infection in his legs. It was more than what his body could handle and he passed away on Wednesday, October 7th at 2:00 pm.

My dad was my entire life. We did everything together....cruises, Cubs games, day trips, road trips, and so much more. We were inseparable. I still feel so alone and empty without my dad here by my side. There are many days when I just cry and ask myself why something like this happened. There were still so many things that I wanted to do with my dad.

My dad was to be my cruising partner on this cruise. I did not want to go on this cruise with out him there with me. After much debate and a lot of convincing from friends who would be cruising with me I decided to go. And the KREWE made this cruise as a tribute to my dad. It was a great way to pay tribute to an awesome friend and father. He would have truly enjoyed it.

So for this review of the Carnival Elation I have decided to dedicate it to my dad....I hope you enjoy this one as much if not more than my other reviews. :)

So this cruise was on December 7, 2015 out of New Orleans, LA. It was the 5-day cruise with stops in Cozumel and Progreso. I flew down to New Orleans on December 1st. Anyone who knows me will know that I LOVE New Orleans so any time that I am able to spend a few extra days in The Big Easy then that is what I will be doing.

I also stayed with friends two nights out in the Baton Rouge area.

Feel free to ask any and all questions....pictures are still uploading to photobucket

Brianna, I am so sorry for the loss of your dad/best friend. I have been reading your trip reports faithfully and was so excited to see your post but now I am a bit saddened. As someone who grew up without my dad I always admired those father/daughter relationships and yours was no exception. I hope one day my daughter will be just as excited to hang out with her dad as you were with yours. Remember whenever you are at the Cubs game, sitting at home or on a cruise ship he is with you. You were both lucky to have each other and I will be keeping you in my prayers.

~Kristen

Brianna,

I am so happy to see you back here with this review dedicated to your dad. We all got to get to know him a little through your fantastic reviews. I know how special your cruises were to both of you and always enjoyed your adventures. Your dad had an awesome smile and always looked to be having the best times with you. I have thought of you often through the holidays and was hoping for a review to let us know you were still cruising and enjoying it as your dad would have insisted on. Blessings and prayers to you and your mom in the new year.

Pat

Lots of hugs to you Brianna. Thank you for posting this review, and so nice to see photos of your Dad. He will always be with you. I am subscribing as usual to your latest review. They are always so informative and entertaining. Looking forward to the rest of your review. I have also been many times to New Orleans/Louisiana, and the people who live there are really great, and have a wonderful friend living there whom I have known for 40yrs.

I have read all of your reviews and can honestly say that they have helped me out in more ways that I can say ,I enjoy your reviews and everything about them .Sorry for your loss and your dad will always be with you on your cruises in spirit and smiling the whole time thank you so much for your continued great reviews .

I was also sorry to hear about your dad. I have read your reports of the fun you had with your dad and decided I would love to go on one of your cruises.

We were in process of booking this cruise when my friends daughter announced that was about the time her triplets would be born. Long story short, we didn't book on your dates. We are leaving Jan 23 on this same cruise. Can't wait to read your report.

Maybe our paths will cross some day.

Sorry to hear of your loss, I saw you and your dad on the Dec 2012 Sensation cruise ( I didn't approach you both cause I didn't want to seem like a crazy person :) ), prior to that I always would read your reviews and loved that you and your dad was best of friends. Glad you still chose to travel and He will always be with you and each cruise will be a way to remember all those times you spent together. Hugs to you and your family <3

Edited by Rainbowfalls

Brianna...so sorry for the loss of your Dad...I know he must have been a special person....thank you for doing a review...I have sailed the Elation twice and she is one of my favorite Fantasy class ships!!