Wrigley80's Carnival Elation Photo Review with the KREWE

wrigley80

Brianna,

I don't think I have to tell you how much I love your reviews and always look forward to them, but I know this one will be tough, so take all the time you need. I know the past couple of months have been very hard, unimaginable to me, and I've been thinking of you and your mom. When tough losses happen (I've been through it), it's tough to stand alone...sometimes impossible to stand alone. Others are needed for support until that day comes again that you can stand alone and the timing is different for everyone. It's so nice to hear that you have a whole Krewe supporting you and I'm looking forward to this review and also the fun times and antics I'm sure you had.

Briana,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so sorry to hear about your father, it is evident in all of your previous reviews that he was your best friend. Losing a parent is tough, and we are all here for you. I know he was with you spiritually, and will be on all of your future cruises.

I look forward to reading this review! :D

What does everyone use for a photo sharing site?? I have always used photobucket in the past but today when I went in to go start transferring pics into the review all my pics are gone. I will try again when I get home from work to see if they may have got moved into a different folder on photobucket

What does everyone use for a photo sharing site?? I have always used photobucket in the past but today when I went in to go start transferring pics into the review all my pics are gone. I will try again when I get home from work to see if they may have got moved into a different folder on photobucket

I've always used Photobucket. Just checked my page and it seems to be working. Hopefully it was just a glitch for you....:(

I am so very sad for your loss. We cruised together on the Dream repositioning cruise. I haven't been on the boards in awhile (I was researching like crazy on a different site because we planned a last minute trip to Disney). I came back to the boards & was looking for recent reviews (I just LOVE reading cruise reviews) & was shocked & so sad to see this :(. I am very happy to hear that you still went on the trip, that is what your dad would have wanted & it sounds like you have a great support group! Looking forward to reading your review but will definitely miss your dads smiling face in the pictures! Hugs & prayers during this difficult time.

I am so sorry to hear your dad passed away. I absolutely adore your wonderful reviews and always envy the close relationship you two have. It's a true blessing. The pic dedication to your dad is priceless and beautiful. Thanks for all of the awesome reviews and I am anxiously awaiting this one :D

I had problems with photobucket in November when I tried to post a review of my Victory cruise. Jimbo, suggested tinypic.com. I signed up, and it seems pretty easy enough, though you can only upload one pic at a time, I think. So you can check out tinypic.com, or flickr is another one that I have tried but also had some issues with it. Hope you get some results, as we are all looking forward to your review:)

Another thing I remember is that when I changed browsers, I got some improvement. I don't remember if it was from windows to chrome, or from chrome to windows, but it was marginally better. It seems lots of folks have trouble with photobucket lately.

Edited by SMSACE6

Brianna, what a wonderful dedication!! Please know that your Dad will always be with you, especially when you are cruising!! {{{Hugs}}}

Looking forward to reading and seeing your latest adventure.

Thank you Jeff. I couldn't think of a better way to pay tribute to my best friend. I could really feel my dad's presence at times on the cruise

Brianna, I am so sorry for the loss of your dad/best friend. I have been reading your trip reports faithfully and was so excited to see your post but now I am a bit saddened. As someone who grew up without my dad I always admired those father/daughter relationships and yours was no exception. I hope one day my daughter will be just as excited to hang out with her dad as you were with yours. Remember whenever you are at the Cubs game, sitting at home or on a cruise ship he is with you. You were both lucky to have each other and I will be keeping you in my prayers.

~Kristen

Thank you. The relationship that I had with my dad was unlike a normal father/daughter relationship. I did so much for my dad because he couldn't drive due to vision issues so we spent a lot of time together. I'm so thankful and blessed for every minute that we were able to be together.

Brianna, I can't wait to read your review. I love your reviews and your dad will be happy to know you had a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much. Yeah I know he would be happy that we had a great time on the cruise.

Brianna looking forward to this review as i do all your reviews. I know this one will be the hardest you have ever done.

Yeah you're right. This will be a tough review to do but my dad would want me to share my vacation experiences with all of you. He always enjoyed reading my reviews when I was done working on them.

Brianna,

I am so happy to see you back here with this review dedicated to your dad. We all got to get to know him a little through your fantastic reviews. I know how special your cruises were to both of you and always enjoyed your adventures. Your dad had an awesome smile and always looked to be having the best times with you. I have thought of you often through the holidays and was hoping for a review to let us know you were still cruising and enjoying it as your dad would have insisted on. Blessings and prayers to you and your mom in the new year.

Pat

Thank you. Yes my dad always had a smile because he had such an upbeat attitude.

Cruising was definitely something that we both enjoyed doing together. It was that special interest that we both shared together.

Lots of hugs to you Brianna. Thank you for posting this review, and so nice to see photos of your Dad. He will always be with you. I am subscribing as usual to your latest review. They are always so informative and entertaining. Looking forward to the rest of your review. I have also been many times to New Orleans/Louisiana, and the people who live there are really great, and have a wonderful friend living there whom I have known for 40yrs.

Oh New Orleans is my favorite city. I always like to spend a few days extra before or after a cruise there. And I have a few friends there as well so it's always a great place to visit. I could even see myself living there. The vibe in that city is electric. And you're so right I love the people in New Orleans.

What a beautiful, fitting, perfect thing to do in dedicating this review to your Dad. What an honor for us to get to read it. :)

Thank you. He would be happy to know that we continued to have a fun time.

Love reading your reviews and especially look forward to this one! What a wonderful tribute for your dad!

Thank you.

I love reading your reviews, so thank you for doing another one. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure it was hard to go on this trip, but I bet your dad would have wanted you to and was with you in spirit. :)

Thank you. This was definitely the hardest cruise that I have ever gone on and I knew that it would be but it would have been harder to stay home.

There were many times when I felt my dad's presence with me

I have read all of your reviews and can honestly say that they have helped me out in more ways that I can say ,I enjoy your reviews and everything about them .Sorry for your loss and your dad will always be with you on your cruises in spirit and smiling the whole time thank you so much for your continued great reviews .

Thank you. Happy to hear that my reviews could help you out. I know that when I read the reviews from other people I always take a thing or two away from every review. Hopefully you'll be able to take something away from this one as well

I have thought of you often during the past couple of months. I love that you have dedicated this review to your Dad. I lost my Dad 7 years ago and I know how it hurts.

Looking forward to your review!

Kim

He would have had a great time. Can't think of a better way to pay tribute to my best friend.

Sorry for your loss. I know it never gets easier (so I've been told). We just learn to deal with the loss

I just teared up reading your introduction. I have always enjoyed your reviews and it is obvious to anyone how close you and your dad were! Thank you for continuing to share your journeys with us!

Sorry that I made you cry but I guess you definitely could feel the love that I had for my dad. We were like two peas in a pod.

I hope you enjoy the review

Brianna,

I was so hoping that you would continue with your reviews, and I am excited to read about this adventure! How wonderful that the Krewe celebrated your Dad - we will all miss his him for sure. Hugs to you, and thank you.

Thank you. My dad was the King of our Krewe so he held a very special place with many of my friends as well. We had a celebratory toast to my dad at our meet and greet. More to come on that in my review

So let's get this review going. I flew from Chicago-Midway to New Orleans on December 1st. I had a late night flight where I arrived into New Orleans around 10:30 pm. I chose this flight because it was so cheap with Southwest Airlines. My one-way departure flight was only $49.00...how can ya pass up that price. I picked up my rental car and headed for my hotel for the night. I stayed one night at the Sleep Inn in Metairie. I usually always stay here because the staff is so friendly and it is close enough to downtown without paying the downtown prices of staying in New Orleans