Carnival Spirit or Land Tour for Hawaii

theos on the go

We are planning our 25th Wedding anniversary and we would like to visit Hawaii. We have cruised with Carnival in the past and loved it. We were wondering if anyone has any input on a cruise to Hawaii or a land based vacation to Hawaii. I believe the Carnival ship would be the Spirit. We have some time to decide but I would love to get the booking started (we want to go in 2007). Any pros and cons from those who have been there would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you for your help!

Theos

Carnivale Oct 1982

Conquest Jan 2004

Elation Jan 2005

We are planning our 25th Wedding anniversary and we would like to visit Hawaii. We have cruised with Carnival in the past and loved it. We were wondering if anyone has any input on a cruise to Hawaii or a land based vacation to Hawaii. I believe the Carnival ship would be the Spirit. We have some time to decide but I would love to get the booking started (we want to go in 2007). Any pros and cons from those who have been there would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you for your help!

Theos

Carnivale Oct 1982

Conquest Jan 2004

Elation Jan 2005

Theo

We had the same dilemma when planning our Hawaii trip, after careful consideration we decided that the Carnival Spirit cruise and 5 days on land would be best our vacation needs lol. Therefore this April 2006 we will spend 5 days pre cruise in Honolulu site seeing. We figured we could do a Luau and tour the island, parasail, swim with the dolphins and get most of our touring out of the way. The cruise will allows us to visit a variety of islands and enjoy the scenery. My mother really wanted to see the volcanos so this allows everyone to be happy. Hope this helps a little but it sure is a tough decision. There is a cruise critic group going in April of next year they have some great pricing you should check it out. Good Luck and happy planning!!!

Tina

:)

Theo

We had the same dilemma when planning our Hawaii trip, after careful consideration we decided that the Carnival Spirit cruise and 5 days on land would be best our vacation needs lol. Therefore this April 2006 we will spend 5 days pre cruise in Honolulu site seeing. We figured we could do a Luau and tour the island, parasail, swim with the dolphins and get most of our touring out of the way. The cruise will allows us to visit a variety of islands and enjoy the scenery. My mother really wanted to see the volcanos so this allows everyone to be happy. Hope this helps a little but it sure is a tough decision. There is a cruise critic group going in April of next year they have some great pricing you should check it out. Good Luck and happy planning!!!

Tina

:)

Hi Theos,

We had to make the same decision a couple years ago. At the time, I worked for Marriott and could get a great hotel rate on Maui (our preference). But after looking at all of the expenses and being able to see only one island, we ultimately decided that the cruise was much better for us. We did 12 days on the Carnival Spirit beginning April 30, 2004. If I were to do it again, I'd add at least two days pre-cruise in either Honolulu or Maui.

Here is a link to my review of the experience:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=4707

Before you decide and book your cruise, I would urge you to select an itinerary that includes an overnight in Maui (unless your pre-cruise stay is done there). On some sailings, they are now spending one day in Kahului and one in Lahaina, rather than the overnight. It is a stupid decision to make that change. Maui is home to Hawaii's best luau - which is in the evening. If the ship doesn't overnight, you lose the option of participating. Also, while in Maui, I strongly recommend doing sunrise on Haleakala...again, this option is gone if you don't overnight.

This was our best cruise ever and we definitely want to do it again. I can't imagine a better way to celebrate your 25th anniversary.

Hi Theos,

We had to make the same decision a couple years ago. At the time, I worked for Marriott and could get a great hotel rate on Maui (our preference). But after looking at all of the expenses and being able to see only one island, we ultimately decided that the cruise was much better for us. We did 12 days on the Carnival Spirit beginning April 30, 2004. If I were to do it again, I'd add at least two days pre-cruise in either Honolulu or Maui.

Here is a link to my review of the experience:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=4707

Before you decide and book your cruise, I would urge you to select an itinerary that includes an overnight in Maui (unless your pre-cruise stay is done there). On some sailings, they are now spending one day in Kahului and one in Lahaina, rather than the overnight. It is a stupid decision to make that change. Maui is home to Hawaii's best luau - which is in the evening. If the ship doesn't overnight, you lose the option of participating. Also, while in Maui, I strongly recommend doing sunrise on Haleakala...again, this option is gone if you don't overnight.

This was our best cruise ever and we definitely want to do it again. I can't imagine a better way to celebrate your 25th anniversary.

Aloha and happy Anniversary (upcoming)!

We are doing the group cruise to Hawaii April 15, 2007. Hope you can join us! We have a great group going so far and you can't beat the price & perks. :D

We are also doing a few days post cruise in Hawaii before flying back, atleast thats the plan so far. :rolleyes:

The links are below to the pricing and in fo page and also to our group forum page~

Hope to chat with you soon, feel free to email me as well. :p

Aloha and happy Anniversary (upcoming)!

We are doing the group cruise to Hawaii April 15, 2007. Hope you can join us! We have a great group going so far and you can't beat the price & perks. :D

We are also doing a few days post cruise in Hawaii before flying back, atleast thats the plan so far. :rolleyes:

The links are below to the pricing and in fo page and also to our group forum page~

Hope to chat with you soon, feel free to email me as well. :p

Thank you all for all the good advice!

Gotta . . . thanks for the advice of Maui. It truly looks like paradise!

Litewait . . . your group cruise sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun!

Macchick . . . you really have a wonderful vacation to look forward to. Please let us know who it all went when you get back. I will be anxiously awaiting your review! :)

Hootsie . . . what a great way to spend Christmas. Hawaii I'm sure will be beautiful at that time of year!

Again thank you all for you the advice!

Theos

Carnivale (9-92 . . . not 82 [oops!])

Conquest (1-04)

Elation (1-04)

Theos

I hope you can join our group on Spirit. The pricing for this cruise is the best I have ever seen...its truly hard to pass up.

I actually just got back from a land trip to Hawaii and had a great time on Oahu and Maui. I'm really looking forward to seeing the other islands and being able to go back to the ship in the evening.

Archived