Experience Cruising early May?

PlaneJoy

I have never cruised in the Spring, so I don't have any experience on crowds or conditions. We are looking at the Glory departing May 6th figuring it would be after spring break, but before school got out. Perhaps this would be a somewhat low time to cruise?

Thoughts?? Opinions?? We didn't get to go on a cruise this year (we've been pretty much yearly for the last 5 or 6 years) so I'm more that ready to get on a boat!

I have never cruised in the Spring, so I don't have any experience on crowds or conditions. We are looking at the Glory departing May 6th figuring it would be after spring break, but before school got out. Perhaps this would be a somewhat low time to cruise?

Thoughts?? Opinions?? We didn't get to go on a cruise this year (we've been pretty much yearly for the last 5 or 6 years) so I'm more that ready to get on a boat!

We have cruised the past three years within the first two weeks in MAY.... the weather is amazing and the crowds are usually more adults than children.

i would recommend cruising in MAy to anyone!

I must say out of Five cruises,we've only ever had one day of rain~

Have FUn~

We have cruised the past three years within the first two weeks in MAY.... the weather is amazing and the crowds are usually more adults than children.

i would recommend cruising in MAy to anyone!

I must say out of Five cruises,we've only ever had one day of rain~

Have FUn~

We have done a cruise in early May for the past four years. There was only one incident I can remember where we had some rowdy college-age kids on the ship, and it was the exception. Since we tend to do shorter, over-the-weekend cruises, they're more likely to be a little rowdier year-round anyway.

I say go for it. The weather is great, the prices are good, and the crowds are civilized.

We have done a cruise in early May for the past four years. There was only one incident I can remember where we had some rowdy college-age kids on the ship, and it was the exception. Since we tend to do shorter, over-the-weekend cruises, they're more likely to be a little rowdier year-round anyway.

I say go for it. The weather is great, the prices are good, and the crowds are civilized.

One ofthe best times to cruise IMO. Book your cruise on the Glory for May 13 and I will buy you a drink. I have been booked for that cruise since last April. It's a great ship if you don't mind getting lost looking for breakfast.LOL We sailed her May of 2004, the service was great as was the food. Heck the entire cruise was great.

One ofthe best times to cruise IMO. Book your cruise on the Glory for May 13 and I will buy you a drink. I have been booked for that cruise since last April. It's a great ship if you don't mind getting lost looking for breakfast.LOL We sailed her May of 2004, the service was great as was the food. Heck the entire cruise was great.

My husband and I cruised on the Glory in May of this year. The weather was outstanding and although the ship was full there were very few children or teenagers. We don't expect to cruise again until 2008, but we definatly will be doing it in May.

We LOVE cruising in May!

We took the Triumph to the Western Carribean the first week of May in 2003, and then the Third week in May 2004.

The weather was PERFECT both weeks! There were only about 200 kids on board younger than 18 (compared to school vacation weeks that have over 1000 kids).

PLUS>>.... the stores had plenty of spring and summer clothing to choose from! I was looking for an outfit the other day for our upcoming November cruise, and I couldnt find anything! ;)

If we were not so impatient this year, we would wait until May.... but I need to go NOW!!

Catrin

Don't book it! We will be getting off the Glory May 6th and the kitchens and bars will be EMPTY;) I like cruising this time of year, not too hot but usually warm enough to go swimming. Hey, come a week early and help us empty the bars:)

Thanks for your replies! This sounds like a GREAT time to cruise. We have always gone after school starts, during hurricane season so spring travel will be a welcome change for us. My husband and I will be celebrating our birthday's on board.... May 7th and May 10th. We'll be traveling with 2 kids, one homeschooled, one not in school just yet. So hopefully the kids programs won't be overrun, like they are during the summer. I have read some good things on the board regarding the kids programs for this ship.

Oh and I'll make sure to leave a little early for breakfast, in case I get lost! :)

Archived