Airfare Through Carnival

lharry

I have never flown to a port, as we are fortunate enough to live close enough to several ports that we just make the drive down the day before sailing.

But - I am planning to sail out of Baltimore in 2016. It is about an 11 -12 hour drive from home, so, I'm thinking about flying. I really hate that added expense, but I also hate that long of a drive.

So, here's my question(s), I am having to go to Baltimore for a "procedure" (for any of you breast cancer survivors, you know what procedure I'm referring to). If I have the "procedure" done on a Thursday, I would want to fly in on the Wednesday before. And, ships don't sail until Sunday's.

Will Carnival book the incoming flight that far in advance? Is booking the flight through Carnival when I book the cruise the way to go? I am NOT a seasoned flyer, and therefore do not know what the best route for booking flights would be - direct with the airlines? Which has the best pricing, etc.

I am still weighing the whole cruise idea anyway. I didn't know I'd be going to Baltimore, and so now I'm wondering if we should, have this done then board a ship, as we originally planned (when we thought we'd be out of NOLA), or if we should now just make it a road trip, stopping along the way, and paying hotel, restaurant, entertainment costs, etc. I still think the cruise would be the "cheaper" way to go (I think), but when you throw in the cost of the airfare, I'm just not sure.

So, for those of you who fly into ports, what's the best route to take here?

Thanks so much!

Book your own air. Find a friend who's flown a bit to help you.

Read the Cruise Air board, especially the sticky in top about buying cruise line air.

Edited by SadieN

Please book your own air tix!

You can use the search engines above to find the best fares and routes but go to the airline site to actually buy the tickets. If you feel uncomfortable doing this ask a friend to help you.

This way you can pick the itinerary that is most comfortable for you instead of having Carnival just tell you what they booked which might not be the best flight for your situation.

Carnival will only book you on the day of departure they will not fly you in the day before unless it is coast to coast or overseas we have used carnival twice got great price but flight times were to close for comfort no room for delays

Carnival has a new air program that is pretty nice. They are very flexible and you are allowed to chose your dates and can fly in days early and stay over as well if you wish.

You can book the flexible fare that will allow you to cancel if you do it 60 days or more in advance. This also gives you time to pay for it as well.

http://www.carnival.com/legal/fly2fun.aspx

I am also a breast cancer survivor (15years now) good luck OP.