Cheers Beverage Program

czexrus

I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to get the cheers beverage program on the victory in a couple of weeks? I know it depends on how much you drink but does anyone have any input. I guess on how much the drinks are, etc?

Do a search on the forum and you'll find all kinds of info. Depending on what you like to drink depends on how much you'll spend and will ultimately decide whether it's worth it or not. Keep in mind if you're sharing a room with someone who is 21 or older BOTH of you will have to buy the drink package. My wife and I aren't buying it because she's not a huge drinker and for me to drink $700 worth of alcohol in one week I'd have to put myself in a coma! :)

• 10 months later...

Cheers costs $49.95 per day if you purchase more than 1 day prior to departure. On other sites I've seen that the cocktails such as margarita, mojito, etc are $8.75 each. So it would take 6 of those a day to break even. But it also includes bottled water, specialty coffees, even milkshakes. I figure if I have a coffee latte in the morning, another midmorning, a large water at lunch, 2-3 tropical drinks during the afternoon, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, maybe an after dinner brandy or Irish Coffee, and a cocktail or 2 during the evenings entertainment I'm way ahead. But maybe not so much my liver. :p Now the days we're ashore may be more of a challenge. I'll need to have a bloody mary at breakfast and then get a couple of waters to take ashore.

If you just drink beer its not worth it, your cut off at 15....if you drink 7 drinks you get your money back and then maybe some more, if you drink more defiantly worth it.

you have some fuzzy math going on, 15 beers at 5-6 each is about $75-90 a day, of course drinking beer works with Cheers

I'm not a big drinker at all but I have purchased for my upcoming trip. But I do enjoy sparkling water and other beverages like a milk shake. Am I a bad mom for buying it for my son for his 21st birthday?? :eek:

Most people seem to forget to also include non-alcoholic drinks, like specialty coffees, milk shakes, virgin cocktails, bottled water, etc, when trying to decide whether cheers is worth the money. Those don't cost as much as alcoholic drinks, but they add up quickly as well.

I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to get the cheers beverage program on the victory in a couple of weeks? I know it depends on how much you drink but does anyone have any input. I guess on how much the drinks are, etc?

Assume $10 liquor drinks and $115 per day for the package. Usually about #6 you are breaking even/getting ahead. On a short 3 day booze cruise, we can make it worth while. But 6 drinks per person between say 6 pm and bedtime on a long port day, is rough. We would not do it on a 5+ day cruise, without a doubt; we just can't drink that much.

I'm not a big drinker at all but I have purchased for my upcoming trip. But I do enjoy sparkling water and other beverages like a milk shake. Am I a bad mom for buying it for my son for his 21st birthday?? :eek:

No your a good Mom, he's not driving anywhere. We had a cruise director who said at almost every show. "Is anybody driving tonight?"

It's so worth it! I estimate each drink being $10 ($8.95 + $1.05 tip). So 6 drinks a day and you break even. I had Cheers for the first time in September and loved it! My best friend and I hit 15 drinks every day. We drank bloody Mary's for breakfast, shots, pins coladas for lunch, shots, Alchemy Bar martinis for pre dinner, shots, after dinner/ show drink, and more shots in the night club since you can't have drinks on the floor

It's so worth it! I estimate each drink being $10 ($8.95 + $1.05 tip). So 6 drinks a day and you break even. I had Cheers for the first time in September and loved it! My best friend and I hit 15 drinks every day. We drank bloody Mary's for breakfast, shots, pins coladas for lunch, shots, Alchemy Bar martinis for pre dinner, shots, after dinner/ show drink, and more shots in the night club since you can't have drinks on the floor

I purchased it in October and hit 15 every day. I even brought home 20 Amstel Lights.:D

The key thing here is you don't have to drink 15 drinks at day for this to be worth it, drinks are pricey on board, and it doesn't take much to exceed $50 a day in beverages. Anything spent over $50 is icing on the cake.

Totally worth it! We just did it and had around 13 drinks per day which included rockstars and coffees. We also ordered grey goose anytime we had vodka.

We found a great bartender who once we tipped him, was giving us extra shots in our drinks and not taking it out of our cheers package. I totaled my drinks, coffees etc and would have spent around $400 not including gratuity.

I loved not having to worry about getting a bar bill at the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums