3 weeks til sailing and still no FTTF :-(

jebridan

I really wouldn't sweat it - because it really can be a total waste of money. On our last cruise we arrived at the pier by 11, were through check in at 1130. At 1140 they started boarding and at 1145 they called FTTF. At 1150 they were calling us in Zone 5. Our luggage arrived in the room at 2, and before 130 we just relaxed up on Deck 10 by Fish and Chips. We had one tender port - Grand Cayman. We watched the ship pull in and when she was settled we took the front center stairs down to deck 1. Zero wait as less than 5 min after they started the roped off Carnival excursion line they were walking us mid ship to board a second tender. Debarkation was also not a problem as we weren't in a rush to get to our rental car to see Star Wars at 1:15. So for us it would have been a total waste of money. It really is a crap shoot if it will pay off.

I'm sailing 3 weeks from today and have been checking DAILY for months to see if they will be selling any more FTTF passes. Has anyone had any luck with them opening up more to sell this close to sailing?

The direct answer to your question is, "Yes."

We booked two cabins back in May for our cruise on Conquest on November 14. Since my wife and I have been Platinum for several years, I never even thought about FTTF. Some time in July we realized that our guest, being a first-time cruiser in a cabin by himself, would not be able to board with us unless we could buy an FTTF for him. Of course, by the time I checked, there were none available. Following the advice provided by this forum, I began checking for FTTF availability multiple times EVERY day for the next four months. Finally, about ten days before our cruise, FTTF opened again and I grabbed one.