Parking at Bayonne Cruise Terminal

Good morning all! Sailing on the Anthem in about 12 days and will be driving from CT. We are going back and forth on doing a stay and park package (already have on booked but aren't 100%) or just driving and parking at the terminal. The price will be a wash but I am thinking the convenience of having the car at the terminal vs. waiting for a shuttle may be preferable. Can anyone provide insight on the parking at the terminal? ie - Is it a garage? How far from ship? How early will we need to be there? or anything else that may be pertinent.

As always - thanks in advance!!:)

Good morning all! Sailing on the Anthem in about 12 days and will be driving from CT. We are going back and forth on doing a stay and park package (already have on booked but aren't 100%) or just driving and parking at the terminal. The price will be a wash but I am thinking the convenience of having the car at the terminal vs. waiting for a shuttle may be preferable. Can anyone provide insight on the parking at the terminal? ie - Is it a garage? How far from ship? How early will we need to be there? or anything else that may be pertinent.

As always - thanks in advance!!:)

The parking garage is now open. $19/day. It is located next to the terminal - a short walk with or without luggage.

You're sailing on a Monday, so I would not plan on crossing the CT/NY line before 9 am. Where exactly are you coming from in CT?

Weather can be a factor. I would wait until the 10 day forecast is available before cancelling your park/stay. What exactly did you book for the park/stay?

Directions from Mass

If you come out the Mass Pike, you pick up I84 west in Auburn and I91 south in Hartford. You take exit 17 marked W Cross Parkway. This becomes the Merritt Parkway at Milford.

If you come down I95 there is a cutover to the Merritt at Milford CT exit 38. At Rye NY there is another cutover to the Hutchinson River Parkway South exit 21 immediately after exit 2 in CT (no exit 1). You This cutover is longer than the one at Milford and involves getting off onto I287 West and following the signs to the Merritt/Hutch. You get off onto a service road, go through a few lights and take the turn for the Hutch south.

The Merritt Pkwy becomes the Hutchinson River Pkwy at the NY/CT line. From the Hutch take exit 15 in New Rochelle to get on the Cross County Pkwy. Stay in the middle left lane, which will become the left lane when the road "scrunches". This leads onto the Saw Mill River Pkwy South which becomes the Henry Hudson Pkwy at the NYC line ($5 toll - if no EZPass they will bill you in the mail and you need to pay it!). The toll is worth every penny.

You take the George Washington Bridge exit and slide over to the middle left lane. Follow the NJ Turnpike signs. When you get on the turnpike, follow the first set of Lincoln Tunnel signs to get on the eastern spur of the turnpike, but don't get off at the actual tunnel exit. Continue on to exit 14-14A-14B-14C and follow the signs to exit 14A.

The are no trucks on this route from Meriden CT to the GW Bridge and you will avoid any traffic issues on the Cross Bronx Expressway or the intersection with I87.

Exit 14A

Look at post 3 on this thread for the current advice about the reconfiguration of Exit 14A. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2278939&highlight=14a

Edited by 138east

Thanks for the reply! Coming from SE CT so 95S. Haven't cancelled stay yet. Booked at ramada in Newark. They have round trip shuttle. The traffic is the biggest factor. I've driven that part of CT for several years and the traffic is notoriously bad. Hence the consideration of park and stay (also the weather). Still leaning towards going the day before but not 100% yet.

If you do drive the day of do a park and cruise. I wouldn't' pay those thieves $20 a day just on principle. Unless you need to be home minutes after you dock waiting for a shuttle is no bid deal! Enjoy your cruise!!!

If you do drive the day of do a park and cruise. I wouldn't' pay those thieves $20 a day just on principle. Unless you need to be home minutes after you dock waiting for a shuttle is no bid deal! Enjoy your cruise!!!

What price would you consider "non-thievery"?

Inquiring minds want to know!

;)

Just an FYI NYC piers $45 per day

What price would you consider "non-thievery"?

Inquiring minds want to know!

;)

Carol - don't even go there. It's a losing battle with folks who don't know the area and how much it costs to park safely. Folks who feel that way are good clients for the unrecommended off site parking with uninsured shuttle transportation.

I don't like the $20/day charge either so I use public transit instead.

Cape Liberty web site still says $19 per day. But I don't think that web sight has been updated in years.

The price increase to $20 is "breaking news" just reported by someone on board Anthem's first cruise of the year.