Norwegian Dawn, New England, Canada in Sept

concho5

We sailed the Saguenay Fjord a number of times on HAL's Maasdam and always did b-to-b, Boston to Montreal and back to Boston. We far more enjoyed Saguenay on the north bound itinerary than on the south bound. We also saw beluga whales. :)

On our cruises, when we got to the famous Statue of the Madonna was wonderful. The ship would stop, they would play Ave Maria over the speaker system, the Captain would turn the ship so those on the other side got a great view and every time we went it was a different experience. All were beautiful (to my eyes) and different given whatever the weather conditions. If cloudy, rainy, sunny etc

They did not do that my NCL cruise. I sure wish they would do it. The Fjord was beautiful, but stopping at the statue would have been the icing on the cake!

forgot - when we got to Quebec, water levels changed due to tides - had an outside cabin without a balcony (not worth the cost in end of Oct - too cold), woke up with my cabin curtains wide open, and my room was dock level - oops!!! I crawled to the bath for a robe!!

Now, I always put my robe on my bed at night!!!!