Carnival Breeze Camp Carnival

2prettygirls

Just curious what your kids thought about Camp Carnival on the Carnival Breeze? Our first Carnival cruise on the Dream, our kids were not fans of the club. The staff did not interact with the kids very much and they were kind of left to find things to do on their own. I am hoping that the Carnival Breeze experience is much different and they will enjoy it a touch more.

Also curious about the night owl program, is it worth the additional charge?

Just curious what your kids thought about Camp Carnival on the Carnival Breeze? Our first Carnival cruise on the Dream, our kids were not fans of the club. The staff did not interact with the kids very much and they were kind of left to find things to do on their own. I am hoping that the Carnival Breeze experience is much different and they will enjoy it a touch more.

Also curious about the night owl program, is it worth the additional charge?

I'm curious about Camp Ocean on the Breeze as well. My DS is 7, and enjoyed the kids camp both times we sailed the Magic with him. I'm hoping his experience on the Breeze is just as good.

I am curious too because we will be on in March :)

I would say though to try not to judge too much about Camp Carnival based on the Dream. My kids usually LOVE kids camps on cruises and I can never get them out but the only time we ever had a problem was on the Dream! My son was in the 6-8 group and my daughter in the 9-11 at the time and they both said they were the meanest camp counselors ever and it was really boring in there. :( We could hear them yelling at kids and one of them was even nasty to us. It was soo disappointing, because it was the ONLY time my kids weren't happy in the camp.

We had a terrible experience with some counselors on Triumph...we were so excited to sail the magic..but found one of the bad counselors had transferred over to Magic (the second time we sailed magic). They do have some bad counselors...but its just a handful of them. For the most part my kids have had a blast in their camps.

I am curious too because we will be on in March :)

I would say though to try not to judge too much about Camp Carnival based on the Dream. My kids usually LOVE kids camps on cruises and I can never get them out but the only time we ever had a problem was on the Dream! My son was in the 6-8 group and my daughter in the 9-11 at the time and they both said they were the meanest camp counselors ever and it was really boring in there. :( We could hear them yelling at kids and one of them was even nasty to us. It was soo disappointing, because it was the ONLY time my kids weren't happy in the camp.

I am really hoping we have a better experience. My kids were so bored and the counselors didn't interact too much with them, which I was so disappointed about. I felt guilty placing them in camp carnival for us to go off and have a good time when I wanted them to have a good time as well. I am really hoping it's a better experience on the Breeze!

My kids HATED camp- so much so that my 5 year old tore his tag so he coudlnt go back, and the staff were excellent. I will try again this time on Conquest but Im not getting my hopes up. He'd have to find a little friend that was in there to make him go..

My kids HATED camp- so much so that my 5 year old tore his tag so he coudlnt go back, and the staff were excellent. I will try again this time on Conquest but Im not getting my hopes up. He'd have to find a little friend that was in there to make him go..

We took a Disney cruise 1 year later and I will admit that we were spoiled b/c our kids LOVED the kids club there, what isn't there to love about Disney! I am really, really hoping that we have a better experience on the Breeze than we did on the Carnival Dream.

My DS was 12 when we sailed on the Breeze and he had a great time. Of course at that age he was allowed to self-check in and out, but when he wasn't hangin out with us, he was hanging out with kids he had met at the kids club.

Like others have said, I think a lot has to do with the staff. When my kids were younger, it was a mixed bag. Sometimes great, sometimes not so great. If they at least check it out early in the cruise, they won't miss out if it could be a great time.

We just returned from the January 2 sailing of the Carnival Breeze. My 5 year old little boy eagerly participated in Camp Ocean activities. He went on 5 of the 8 days (he did not attend on 3 of the 4 port days). Each time he went, he was there for approximately two hours.

His three primary counselors were Anna (Anna Banana), Luke and Rebekah (Mrs Giggles) - they were all very personable and seemed to be actively engaged in providing a fun experience for all participants.

On two separate occasions, we were surprised to discover that he had been awarded a medal at camp.

Some of the activities he participated in include:

• Balloon Dancing & Freeze, Bop, Wiggle & Giggle
  • Lego Castle Building
  • Parachute Fun
  • Hasbro: Mr Potato Head
  • Glow Stick Obstacle Course
  • What Do You See Under the Sea
  • Twister Challenge
  • Circle Games
  • Pirate Adventure of the Seas Arrrgh
  • Kids Fun Farewell

Also, we signed him up for one of the two "parties" - 10:00PM - 1:00AM: Owl Jams "Glow Party" - ages 2-11 ($15 pus 15% gratuity)

We called to check on him at approximately 11:30PM at which time we were told that he was not really participating in the "party", but had returned to the playroom. We immediately went to pick him up. Although he was happily playing, we took him back to the cabin & watched a movie. The next day we asked him if he had fun at the party - he told us that he did, but that the party was in a different room with different counselors and since he liked his playroom and counselors better, he left the party to return to "his" playroom. He later added that there were many older kids at the party and they were "too big".

This was a great learning experience for us - I was very happy that he returned to "his" playroom, especially if he was uncomfortable at the party. I was also very grateful that the counselor informed me that he was not participating when I called. At 5 years old I think he was perhaps just a little too young to be at a party with other kids as old as 11.

Outside of camp, we played a million games of mini golf, foosball and ping pong. Mini golf was accessible 24 hours a day, which was fantastic considering that it's my little boy's most favorite thing to do. We often played well into the night. Over and over again.

He spent several hours at the water park each day - sliding and spritzing! A note of caution - the area surrounding the water park is, in my opinion, somewhat poorly designed and on many occasions we witnessed people slip - including a young boy who slipped and fell on his face on the last sea day - sadly, he lost three teeth. Also, the "Power Drencher" bucket was not working for the duration of the cruise.

I hope your kids have an equally wonderful time at Camp Ocean on the Breeze!

• 6 months later...

I'm going to be sailing with my 2 and 5 year olds and I would love some feedback from anyone whose put their 2 year old in the ocean camp.

I'm not worried about my 5 year old as much because she will tell me exactly how she feels, but I am worried about my 2 year old.

My kids were not happy at Camp Carnival on the breeze. They were 10 and 8. We went last June and there were over 1000 kids on the ship and there was no room, so the had the older kids in the art room. My older son was very bored!:(

My two boys have been in camp ocean, two different times on different ships, one being breeze, in separate groups because of age. Both loved it, and we had to 'make' them come have some family time. They had so many stories of fun, and kids and activities each day. The camp staff were great, was the odd grumpy one, but how is that different anywhere else in life. They can't imagine not being in camp. As my youngest, 7, put it, we are too old and boring! :eek:

• 1 month later...

Both my kids, ages 5 and 8, LOVED Carnival camp on the Breeze. The counselors were awesome and my kids never wanted to leave camp because they were having too much fun with the new friends they made. They told me that the Breeze was their favorite vacation so far and they couldn't wait to go back. My DH and I are actually surprising them with a trip on the Breeze over their Fall break in October.

Both my kids, ages 5 and 8, LOVED Carnival camp on the Breeze. The counselors were awesome and my kids never wanted to leave camp because they were having too much fun with the new friends they made. They told me that the Breeze was their favorite vacation so far and they couldn't wait to go back. My DH and I are actually surprising them with a trip on the Breeze over their Fall break in October.

Aww that sounds great!! I hope my kids love it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums