How do I get a new PVP?

beckyjohns

When you call the 800 number ask to be assigned a PVP. Once we were assigned one we had to get re-assigned because the one we got didn't work the hours we usually booked our cruises. We just asked, described what we wanted from a PVP and was quickly given one that we have used for many years now.

I am trying to book a cruise right now and I am calling the girl we booked with in July and her extension just rings. No one answers and there is no recording to leave a message. It probably rang 20 times before I hung up. I just emailed her and asked her to call but I haven't heard anything in about 15 minutes. I wonder if she is no longer there since I didn't get any kind of recording. In that case I am going to need a new one. I really liked her because when I emailed her she usually responded right away.

There are a lot of people out of the office this time of year. You can have anyone at the 800 number help book your cruise now so you get your room choice and price you are looking at. You could then call your PVP back later and see if she is back. They don't get commissions from your booking but they do have quotas to fill.

We often book on board with the future cruise rep. He doesn't have quotas and doesn't work follow up questions so after we book and get back home we call our PVP and tell him what we booked. We can then have him help with something on the booking so he can then get the credit for the booking moved to his name.

[quote name='Miller_KC']There are a lot of people out of the office this time of year. You can have anyone at the 800 number help book your cruise now so you get your room choice and price you are looking at. You could then call your PVP back later and see if she is back. They don't get commissions from your booking but they do have quotas to fill.

We often book on board with the future cruise rep. He doesn't have quotas and doesn't work follow up questions so after we book and get back home we call our PVP and tell him what we booked. We can then have him help with something on the booking so he can then get the credit for the booking moved to his name.[/QUOTE]

It is my understanding from conversations with my PVP that they only get credit if they personally book the cruise. If you do it while onboard, you must tell them at that time that you want it assigned to your PVP. Once the cruise is deposited, it cannot be switched (or "credited" to count for your PVP) and any service that your PVP gives you is done without any type of compensation to them. I would never book online, onboard without giving his name, or via the 800 and then have the nerve to call him for help.

The "quotas" they have include outgoing phone calls and bookings so it does not help them to book elsewhere and expect them to work for free. While I'm sure there are some really great ones that would do so without hesitation and even act happy about it. In my opinion I don't think that's fair. They work to make a living and they get paid to make bookings. So if you have a PVP that you really like, be sure to take care of them and only book directly with your PVP.

I have booked with the same PVP for all my cruises (except the 1st one because went through a TA). Had been looking at a cruise for Spring Break and late Cyber Monday pulled the trigger. The next day called my PVP to see if she could get credit for the booking.

She explained that she could not receive credit, but graciously agreed to service the booking if anything came up.

I wont make that mistake again. Luckily was able to book another cruise with her today. :p

One thing I have done when I couldn't reach my PVP is gone on-line and selected my cruise, cabin, etc., but instead of booking it, I put it on 24-hour hold. That holds the cabin and price for 24 hours. Then during that 24 hours I reached my PVP so she could finalize the booking and get credit for the sale.

[quote name='firemanbobswife']It is my understanding from conversations with my PVP that they only get credit if they personally book the cruise. If you do it while onboard, you must tell them at that time that you want it assigned to your PVP. Once the cruise is deposited, it cannot be switched (or "credited" to count for your PVP) and any service that your PVP gives you is done without any type of compensation to them. I would never book online, onboard without giving his name, or via the 800 and then have the nerve to call him for help.

The "quotas" they have include outgoing phone calls and bookings so it does not help them to book elsewhere and expect them to work for free. While I'm sure there are some really great ones that would do so without hesitation and even act happy about it. In my opinion I don't think that's fair. They work to make a living and they get paid to make bookings. So if you have a PVP that you really like, be sure to take care of them and only book directly with your PVP.[/QUOTE]

As long as you give your booking# to your PVP, he/she can get credit for your booking onboard. Even if you advise the future cruise rep that you want it assigned to your PVP, they sometimes do not get the credit unless your PVP go into your booking shortly after it has been booked onboard.

[quote name='nwcruiselover']One thing I have done when I couldn't reach my PVP is gone on-line and selected my cruise, cabin, etc., but instead of booking it, I put it on 24-hour hold. That holds the cabin and price for 24 hours. Then during that 24 hours I reached my PVP so she could finalize the booking and get credit for the sale.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have done that too.

[quote name='mississauga']As long as you give your booking# to your PVP, he/she can get credit for your booking onboard. Even if you advise the future cruise rep that you want it assigned to your PVP, they sometimes do not get the credit unless your PVP go into your booking shortly after it has been booked onboard.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I've never booked onboard Carnival. Glad to hear they make exceptions in that case.