"R" Class Vista Suite Question

smoothsailors

I agree that the Vista Suites are "big Suites", what I was trying to convey was that only the bathrooms of the "Suites above Penthouse Level" were renovated down to the studs in 2015. Their soft furnishings are being upgraded gradually over time.

I may go back to calling those big Suites "OVO" (Owners-Vista-Oceania) for clarity sake, I did't phrase it that way this time because I wanted to avoid the whole "there aren't any Oceania Suites on the R ships" conversation.

You cannot "see the sea" from the bed in a vista Suite, although the desk in the bedroom has a superb view through that oversize porthole..

r-staterooms-3d-vista-sm.jpg This diagram is very accurate, and is actually fairly easy to read if you know that the front door to the suite is pictured at the lower right corner of the image. One enters into a small foyer, with the guest bathroom on the right and walks into the living/Dining room. The bedroom is separated from the living room only by curtains, and the Master Bath is off that bedroom.

143754.jpg

It should be noted that the Deck 6 Vista Suites (R ships only) offer the ability of adding an adjoining category C cabin as a second bedroom. This arrangement is slightly awkward, because the adjoining door is in the Bedroom of the Suite, so occupants of one bedroom must walk through the other in order to get to the Veranda or Living areas.

Thanks to all, especially StanandJim, for the pictures. We stayed in a Voyager Suite on the Regent Voyager which, I believe, had close to 600 square feet, so the R ship Vista Suite is larger than that. Of course we were unbelievably spoiled on the O ship Oceania suite but I think we will manage very well on the R ship.

I am so glad to hear that the main bathroom has a shower stall. I am not a tub fan so much prefer the shower stall. And the extra half bath is also something we had on the Marina and on the Regent Voyager so glad to hear that is part of the floor plan.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.