Belize????

udontknowmek

For anyone who has traveled recently... were you able to stop in Belize? My neighbor came home from a cruise 2 weeks ago and was not able to stop in Belize. This was her 4th attempt all with no luck.

I hope this isn't the case! I am nervous about booking excursions there with going questionable. :confused:

Great! Thanks!!! I want to do the cave tubing excursion. Just want to hear from someone that made it before I book.

I did the cave tubing in Belize and booked it with CAVETUBING.BZ and it was a great experience. You do not pre-pay so there is no risk if your ship ends up missing the port. It was a great value at $50 per person. The instructions they sent to look for the yellow shirts which was a little confusing as there were multiple vendors with yellow shirts but after walking a bit down the pier we were able to find the correct vendor. We boarded a bus and were driven about 35 minutes to the cave tubing area where we stopped at a little shack where we paid cash and those who needed water shoes could rent shoes.

I plan on writing a detailed review this weekend but definitely give them a big thumbs up as it was a well executed excursion.

I agree, book through cavetubing.bz and not through the cruise ship. It also included a nice authentic belizean lunch before returning to the ship. They will get you back to the ship on time, no worries.

We were just in Belize on a 12/20-12/27 Star cruise. Tendering was delayed due to wind and high surf. Some did not tender until 11:30 or after.

The sea finally calmed down late afternoon but we made it there!

I am another person who would highly recommend cavetubing.bz. I was on 2 cruises almost B2B and we enjoyed the experience so much the first time that we went again the second week.

See if you can find others who are interested on the roll call as the company does have group and/or Cruise Critic rates. For both of my cruises (Pearl-Oct & the Star-Nov) folks were able to get a rate of $35 pp. You can also make arrangements to combine the cavetubing with other activities such as zip-lining.

Fantastic company and fantastic day in Belize!

Rochelle

Ok guys. I am pretty claustrophobic. Cave tubing?

I am no scared of heights. Looking forward to ziplining. Have parasailed. It was cool.

My sis and I cruised in 2014. We wanted to zipline. But I tore the miniscus in my knee and had surgery in Dec 2014. It feels fine now. My sis was considering going it alone but she cut her hand on embarkation day. It was pretty deep. So... Fingers crossed for 2017.

We are on Jade with 4 pirts 2/19/17. Wondering which port is best for ziplining and/or cavetubing.

Thanks for any advice.

Ok guys. I am pretty claustrophobic. Cave tubing?

I am no scared of heights. Looking forward to ziplining. Have parasailed. It was cool.

My sis and I cruised in 2014. We wanted to zipline. But I tore the miniscus in my knee and had surgery in Dec 2014. It feels fine now. My sis was considering going it alone but she cut her hand on embarkation day. It was pretty deep. So... Fingers crossed for 2017.

We are on Jade with 4 pirts 2/19/17. Wondering which port is best for ziplining and/or cavetubing.

Thanks for any advice.

We were told by the people at cavetubing.bz that Belize is actually the only place in the world where you can cave tube.

Don't worry if you're claustrophobic, the cave is very wide. There are usually a lot of people going through it at once. You just sit in a tube and leisurely go through. You wear helmets with lights on them so you can see. The closest the ceiling may have ever been to our heads was 5 feet or so.

I didn't participate in ziplining, but it was an option with the same company. Others in the group that rode with us on our bus did ziplining and very much enjoyed it.

We were told by the people at cavetubing.bz that Belize is actually the only place in the world where you can cave tube.

Don't worry if you're claustrophobic, the cave is very wide. There are usually a lot of people going through it at once. You just sit in a tube and leisurely go through. You wear helmets with lights on them so you can see. The closest the ceiling may have ever been to our heads was 5 feet or so.

I didn't participate in ziplining, but it was an option with the same company. Others in the group that rode with us on our bus did ziplining and very much enjoyed it.

Thank you so much. This will be my third cruise to Belize in 4 years and it sounds like a day cave tubing and ziplining just might be the ticket. Something new!

Edited by DMH15