Barefoot cabana open?

ranger dave

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same question as have enjoyed the "other" places on the beach other than Jack's so when we got off the ship I walked down to Jack's and all the other great places Capt N Hooks, barefoot cabana, etc are all closed. There was one spot that had a cooler of beer but did not seem to be a viable option. I took a cab to Sandbar (close to downtown) and had cracked conch and a few beers. There was work going on at what used to be Capt N Hooks but don't know when they will open, I sure missed all those other great places to relax and enjoy local beer and conch.

We were just at Grand Turk and Barefoot Cabana is NOT open. There was a little place "Island Jerk" that was right between there and Jack's Shack. 2 chairs and an umbrella was $20. They had $3 local beer - Turk's Head (Jack's was charging $4) and $5 what would be US domestic beers. Though those ran out fairly quick. They also served jerk chicken and conch fritters. We had the conch fritters and they were pretty good. They also had music playing the entire time we were there. They also were renting snorkel gear and some blow ups to float on and such. We enjoyed our day there.