Passport for 13 year-old to return from St. Thomas

Riverroad

Does a 13 year-old to be able to fly to US from St. Thomas? We will be returning from a land trip to St. John and do not plan to visit BVIs. What form of i.d. would she need-birth certificate?

Short answer is that a passport is not required. Everyone traveling back to the mainland by air from St. Thomas must present proof of citizenship, whihc could be in the form of a passport or a certified birth certificate, just like what is required for a closed loop cruise. (Notice that even though she can fly domestically without ID, she can't get back from the VI without proof of citizenship.)

As an aside and a bit off topic I would suggest that you all use passports, because when you get there (St. John) the beauty is going to be breath taking and you are going to want to go to the BVI, and won't be able to without a passport.

Edited by zqvol

Zqvol, thanks for the information. That's what I thought.

I know we need passports for the BVI as we have been several times from St. John. My daughter doesn't want to go this trip due to the expense involved in getting there.