Boarding Pass/Assigned Time?

hlauburn

Probably Carnival is try to spread out the arrivals at all ports but only 2 ports are currently set up to enforce the arrival times. More coming soon. If you are sailing out of Galveston or New Orleans you should look for the link on the page where you start you On-Line checkin and select your arrival time. If another port then watch for an email or John's Blog to see if your port starts enforcing the arrival times.

If your port is enforcing the staggered boarding, you would have been able to pick a boarding time as soon as your cruise appeared in your cruise manager. I have selected my boarding time for all my booked cruises out of Galveston even though they are not all paid in full.

Thanks!

So will we definitely get an "arrival time" (even if it's not enforced)?

If you aren't involved with the staggered boarding (and can't choose a check in time online), then there really isn't an "arrival time."

With the "old" system, you just show up anytime you choose between when the port opens and "last call" (which will be on your boarding pass). Most ports open around 10:00 (it does vary), with boarding starting about 2 hours or so later (maybe more, maybe less).

If you go to the homeports board, you can get information specific for where you are departing from.

Thanks everyone.

We are leaving from Miami. I was just able to pull up our boarding passes but wasn't given a choice to select a time. The "embarkation time" is 1:00-3:00. It mentions waiting for your "boarding number" to be called- is that assigned at the port, first come first served? What time should we plan to arrive at the port?

Thanks again!

Thanks everyone.

We are leaving from Miami. I was just able to pull up our boarding passes but wasn't given a choice to select a time. The "embarkation time" is 1:00-3:00. It mentions waiting for your "boarding number" to be called- is that assigned at the port, first come first served? What time should we plan to arrive at the port?

Thanks again!

As previously posted, if your online checkin doesn't give you the option, then the cruise port isn't doing it yet. The "boarding number" is what group you are placed in at checkin( like Southwest Airlines)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone.

Thanks again!

Boarding number is assigned when you check in, first come first served. If you want to be one of the first ones on the ship, get there when the port opens. Just make sure you get there before 3.