Day Before Transfer Question

dannybear

I booked my cruise online with Royal Caribbean and booked a hotel stay for the night before. I also booked transfers to and from the pier including the hotel online as well. Heres my question. I booked the transfers but have not been asked about flight times. When will I be asked about pickup times or should I call RCCI and set it up? Has anyone done this and when did you set all this up? Thanks

The day of the cruise there is usually a fleet of transfer shuttle vans that the cruiseline has contracted with. Call the cruiseline customer service toll free number right now, tell them your cruise ship & date, tell them you have booked a transfer & have a voucher, and ask them from where & what time would you catch the shuttle.

I believe I'm accurate in saying that ALL transfers, regardless of cruiseline, are available from the airport the day of embarkation. Meaning, if you have hotel accomodations, you have to get back to the airport to utilize the transfers. This may or may not be convenient or expedient.

Those shuttles will generally run from about 8am until 2pm, give or take a bit -- depending on city and departure time of course.

Cruiselines are pretty accomodating but there are trade-offs--you have to sometimes weigh between 1) convenience as you pay more, or 2) saving some pennies as you place more worry and planning upon yourself. Just call the cruiseline's customer service number, tell them what hotel you're going to be at and how to make use of the transfer vouchers you have already purchased.

We purchased transfers, but then figured out that it's much cheaper and more convenient to get a cab. So we asked for a refund on the transfers. As someone else stated earlier, they will not be picking you up at the hotel, so you will still need to get to the aiport.

Archived