First Cruise with Seabourn

pdx13

Just received an email from my TA. She was able to get the discounted fare in full from Seabourn, thereby saving us around $5K on this cruise! I am so fortunate to have a good TA, and now she has a lifetime client. Thanks to everyone on this board again for the advice. I never would have noticed the rate change had it not been for CC.

Nigella,

As you know every cruise is different and I am sorry to read about your personal experience on a particular cruise.

The next one would possibly be the best ever but as you will not sail Seabourn again please let us all know which cruise line you will sail with and what board you will post on.

It's been good to read your posts.

I honestly can't see another cruise line that will fit us.

My current stance is that I'm taking an extended break from Seabourn, mostly dependant on reading some much better reviews here. My husband's stance is that we're not sailing with them again ever.

I'll win ;)

Just received an email from my TA. She was able to get the discounted fare in full from Seabourn, thereby saving us around $5K on this cruise! I am so fortunate to have a good TA, and now she has a lifetime client. Thanks to everyone on this board again for the advice. I never would have noticed the rate change had it not been for CC.

Good to read this. CC has saved us a considerable amount over the years due to our TA offering generous discounts, finding out about the referral coupons on SB and helping us with price reductions after paying our deposit.

I honestly can't see another cruise line that will fit us.

My current stance is that I'm taking an extended break from Seabourn, mostly dependant on reading some much better reviews here. My husband's stance is that we're not sailing with them again ever.

I'll win ;)

Nigella,

I had a break from Seabourn in 2015 but I have just booked a thirty four day trip on the Encore.

I remain positive.

Edited by Mr Luxury

sounds like you came to a good conclusion. They usually make things right in the end. Was it $900 per person or total? I imagine you are just glad that it's settled & you can move on to planning! Thanks for letting us know. I hope PDX has a similar happy ending.

Yes, total,, I looked at the fare listed,is double that. plus we received some onboard credit, not sure how it all broke down as AmEx gave us ship board credit as well.

That is super, good for you.