epicurian

calconnik

I wasn't as impressed as I have been with other speciality restaurants, however lots of people here have posted really excellent feedback so I would certainly try it again if we sail on Britannia.

Edited by Florry

We have dined in The Epicurean when it was called Seventeen XVII on Azura - same set up, same menu as on Britannia. It was excellent - been there in the evening three times now. It was interesting to see that we had far better food and a far better experience than when we've been into the MPW restaurants - Ocean Grill for example. It just showed that it wasn't necessary to have the name of a well known chef behind it. The P&O staff were able to produce food of a very high standard.

We loved the Epicurean on the Britannia. Superb service, unhurried atmosphere and the food was excellent. There are two menus to choose from so check out the one you prefer before booking. Really nice to be spoiled and its a place to get dressed up for a special night out.

hi, can anybody tell me if it is worth paying 28 pound each to eat in the epicurian on brittania. thanks

We dined in this restaurant on the Britannia at the beginning of November (evening meal) and were very impressed . . . . with the food, the ambience, and the service :)

Whether it was worth £28 extra each, though, is a different matter :rolleyes:

Bearing in mind the fact that we'd already paid for our onboard food, which certainly wasn't cheap, this was what I regard as extravagant.

Someone said "If you think you would get the same service and quality of food on land for £28pp" but that's completely irrelevant because of what is stated in my preceding paragraph !

Having said that, we're glad that we decided to have this experience ;)

A few days later we had 'Afternoon tea' in The Epicurean and, although it looked lovely, it was horrible :( . . . . it was 'different' and for the desserts they could have just served us bowls of sugar, 'cos that's what it tasted like :eek:

So . . . . good and bad, but if you don't experience it you may have missed the opportunity, 'cos you might not get the chance again.

Do it :cool:

Edited by TonyFTM

As a first time P&O cruiser but long established on Celebrity we found Epicurean on the Xmas cruise to be outstanding - service, food quality and menu content. It was better in our view than Murano on Celebrity ships and a a little less pricey.

Worth doing once we thought - but we found Sindhu to be even more satisfying but could not get a second booking as it was totally booked out.

However another couple we were aware of did not rate one of the main courses in Epicurean - each to his own.

We went to Epiucurean on Azura twice in one week it was so good! In my opinion Menu A is the best one. I recommend the Chateaubriand for two and the Crepe Suzette which is prepared tableside.

It is well worth supplement. Go for it!

Eddie

Edited by supered

We went to Epiucurean on Azura twice in one week it was so good! In my opinion Menu A is the best one. I recommend the Chateaubriand for two and the Crepe Suzette which is prepared tableside.

It is well worth supplement. Go for it!

Eddie

That's exactly what we had. Absolutely marvellous it was...