website issues

rocker57

Hi, we have a cruise upcoming on February 14th. I have been purchasing OBC a bit at a time, as our cruise was booked at 20% exchange rate, so by pre-purchasing we get this rate. Anyways, have been purchasing on line with no issues, paid off the cruise on line no issues. Then comes November, I go to purchase some OBC, won't accept my credit card, tried several times - no go. I call my bank, they say it is not their end it is Princess Cruises, something about my security #.

I call explain to the person, but just purchased some OBC. Then this past weekend, tried again to purchase on line, same issues, even tried my husbands card, same problem. Phone up services and just purchased over the phone, she says she would send a confirmation. The only confirmation I received was another booking summary. So I call up this morning, asked for a confirmation, they said they would email me. I received the email, but it is not showing the purchases I had made on the weekend, so I call again. For some reason the CSR I was dealing with did not put it through, so the CSR put it through.

Now when I check my booking summary, it doesn't show any of the OBC I had purchased before, just shows the latest stuff. Then when I check my gratuities, which I had paid last October, it is showing my husband has paid, but mine hasn't. I call up again, spoke with a nice gentleman, says it is showing on his end all that I had purchased. Explained to him about the gratuity issue, then when I checked again, it now shows both my husband and myself can prepay the gratuity. He says that he will send me a summary showing everything that I have purchased, as I don't want to run into a problem when we are on the ship. He said he would have to send it to me in 4emails different breakdowns.

I don't have all the emails, my booking summary is now showing just 2 OBC purchased (should be 7), that the gratuities are still available to pre-purchase. At this point I am just beyond frustrated, and it is probably not a good idea for me to call them again at this point, as I think I need to breathe for a day.

Sorry for such a long winded post, but has anyone else every run into this problem before?

In November I couldn't get it to work to pre-pay gratuities, kept rejecting the credit card. Finally I gave up. I sent a message through their website feedback with return email as they request but I never heard from them and the situation never changed.

Does your credit card reflect the purchases?

Yes, all the charges had gone through my credit card, and the last person I spoke with says it shows all the purchases on his end, he confirmed the amount of OBC. I just don't like to not see it on the personalizer. I would hate to get on the ship and then have to spend hours arguing about what should be paid. I just want to relax.

In November I couldn't get it to work to pre-pay gratuities, kept rejecting the credit card. Finally I gave up. I sent a message through their website feedback with return email as they request but I never heard from them and the situation never changed.

I wonder if it is just an issue with them. I know the people I spoke with couldn't understand why it was happening. Doing it online just makes it easier and I have confirmation right away.

Personally I would prefer to have the actual receipts (the emails as well as my credit card statement) that I could bring me with on board, rather than worry about what is showing up in the cruise personalizer. Hard copies vs a website that might not be accessible when needed depending on Internet coverage on board.

Yes, all the charges had gone through my credit card, and the last person I spoke with says it shows all the purchases on his end, he confirmed the amount of OBC. I just don't like to not see it on the personalizer. I would hate to get on the ship and then have to spend hours arguing about what should be paid. I just want to relax.

Call Princess. Explain (again) what your issue is and verify with them that you have the credit card billing to prove the purchase. Ask them to send you email verifying everything on your account.

I have had OBC not show up in the personalizer (not all types show there) and I simply called and had Princess send me a verification email.

All appears straightened out. After my 4th phone call, the rep sent me the summary showing my purchases and my personalizer is showing everything. Still cannot purchase anything online, but I should only have one more phone call. Only 4 1/2 weeks left of work before vacation starts:)